Thread: Need help with road conditions for coming Moose Hunt

Default Need help with road conditions for coming Moose Hunt

My buddies and I are going up from the Kenai area to outside Delta for a moose hunt in about 10 days. I am trying to find out if anybody has any information on the road conditions of the Tok Cut-off and the Richardson Hwy from outside Glenallen to Delta Junction. We are going to be towing a boat and 2 heavy trailers and are looking for the least frost heaves.

Thanks.

This is a good place to start looking for any road construction: http://511.alaska.gov/

I'm not aware of any major road construction from here to Delta so it should be a normal trip. Just the regular frost heaves on this end and possibly a few patch crews along the way. Just take it easy and all will be fine. I tow a triple axle enclosed trailer and never have problems with the road. Watch for caribou. They could be milling around.

The Richardson from Delta south to Glenallen is good shape - They refinished the worst section around Paxson lake last year. I towed the boat through there 4 times this year at normal driving speeds with no problems. Haven't been on the Glen highway in a while but a friend said it is in great shape with all the recent improvements.

Tok cut off is fine. Was up there last week - nothing unusual on that stretch of road.