Thread: Muck Boots

Default Muck Boots

Havent come across any threads referencing their line-up. Curious to see if anyone else is using them. I'm looking at a pair of Woody Max boots. Took them for a ride around the store, superb fit, excellent ankle support (for a slip on).

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/catal...4ae56b9195c07b
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default ...

I haven't purchased "rubber" boots yet ... but when I do, they will be Muck ...

Have had them and various other brands on in many a store and they have by far the best fit and feel.

I can imagine being able to walk twice as far in the Muck's as a comparable LaCrosse/Rocky/other boot (I could be wrong ... but will see)

A couple hunting buddies of mine bought the Muck Shallow Stalker hip boots this past spring, one of them has worn his to death and doesn't stop raving about them. I havent broke down and bought a pair yet. Here is the link.

http://www.muckboots.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    A couple hunting buddies of mine bought the Muck Shallow Stalker hip boots this past spring, one of them has worn his to death and doesn't stop raving about them. I havent broke down and bought a pair yet. Here is the link.

http://www.muckboots.com/
    AlaskaCub - are the hip boots the same neoprene material all the way up the leg the same as the regular boots?

I'm liking that idea if they are ... thanks!

Question ?

Does anyone know if the WoodyMax and Actic Sport are the same height boot ... or is the WoodyMax taller?

If the only difference is the camo for $20-$25 less, I dont mind black ...

No they are not, they are like a GoreTex cordura type material. They equate to a great fitting Muck boot with a lightweight upper hip portion that breathes pretty good. One buddy of mine has used his all fall long for waterfowling out of the river boat and just loves them to death. I know they are much lighter than your standard hippers when holding them.

Default Muck boots

Wife and I have half a dozen pair between us; different heights/designs and they are great! We don't do much hiking/backpacking anymore (too old and fat) but they are great on the beach, outside to walk the dog, in the garage, etc. I don't know how they'd be on a long walking hunt. We always used Marathon ankle fit hip boots for hunting but can't find them anymore...are they out of business? Mucks are great!

Try this website for the full line: www.muckbootsonline.com. They have free shipping.......even to Alaska. I've bought 3 pairs from them so far and have never had to pay any shipping. Their prices are generally better than I can find around town, as well.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Default Good boots for walking, surely...

I have used the Artic Sport MuckBoots for the past fifteen months and like them alot. My only concern is that they are not a -40F boot for very long once your feet get wet. My recent trip to the Rex Trail was done at -38F and while I was fine the first day my second day required toe warmers because of residual sweat in the boot--they just don't breathe.

With that said I have hiked the heck out of them on multiple trips and they are quite comfy. If you get too hot in Sep/Oct merely fold down the tops to improve ventilation. My opinion on very cold trips is to change out your socks 1-2 times to keep moisture to a minimum and then throw the socks into your sleeping bag to dry out completely.

I didn't care about the camo versions as my pants typically cover the boot unless I'm doing a water crossing...then you just hike 'em up.

Cheers!

IceKing02