Thread: Tundra Truck Pics

Default Tundra Truck Pics

As far as I know these are the latest pics of the infamous tundra truck courtesy of the United States Air Force. A friend of mine who works with one of the guys sent me theses pictures. Enjoy!

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/senecanation1/

Default Not Updated

Your Pics are about 3 months old.....
    "Shoot straight and keep your powder dry"

Those trucks WERE NOT put there courtesy of the United States Air Force.

Default The PICTURES!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    Those trucks WERE NOT put there courtesy of the United States Air Force.
    I believe he was saying that the PICTURES were courtesy of the USAF, not the TRUCKS!

Sheesh...
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

With the caliber of guys that make up the majority of haul road killers im suprised nobody thrashed those trucks as long as they sat out there. Did they get those things out yet? How?

Sheesh, The Air Force didn't take or provide the pictures of the trucks either.

How did they end up there?

They drove them trying recover some bou.

Default Just to clarify

I meant no disrespect to the USAF. I was just saying I got the pics from a friend in the Air Force. My apologies if they were not the latest pics, maybe I had just not seen them yet.

Default Trent

Trent: No problem. "The Bear That Won't Die" has had his picture floating around the internet for over 3 years and it still pops up now and then for the unknowing.
    "Never again shall one generation of Veterans abandon another".
    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

That looks like a sweet place to go wheelin'. I gotta take my quad up there!

Angry

Who cares about where the pictures came from...I think we are all over looking the fact that they showed no respect to the state and decided that they would just right on out there and it would all be good. Sometimes I wish people had common sense.

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Default speaking of no respect

this is kind of a crude statement if I might say so myself.

"With the caliber of guys that make up the majority of haul road killers im suprised nobody thrashed those trucks as long as they sat out there".

Default Memories

This story reminds me of an incident that happenned down in Washington State. A friend of the son of a friend of mine was 4-wheeling on the tide flats, at low tide, in Willapa Bay some years back. Of course he ended up stuck. Knowing the tide would come back in, he got hold of my friend's son who brought his truck out to help. Sure enough they had two trucks stuck then, so they got hold of another friend who also got stuck. At high tide, there were three sunk trucks. Don't remember how they got them out, but my friend was a logger and there may have been some logging equiptment with a winch involved.

Regardless of if they are Army, Air Force or civilian, these guys are certified idiots!!! No one with an iota of common sense would drive a stock truck across that tundra, let alone 2!!!!!! I've walked it many times and know how nasty it is. These dummies most certainly broke the law by driving in a non-motorized area. Fools like this make it bad for the vast majority that try to do right and follow the rules and law up there. There is nothing anyone can say that will hide the fact that these guys are morons and it should cost them very dearly..... ADFG and the DNR should hammer their butts and take their hunting priveledges away for many years. They showed absolutely no respect for the state and our laws, and they should pay heavily.

Im not sayin everybody. Ive hunted all over the place and seen some of the worst hunting ethics ever up on the haul road. Not to mention having a Carbon Express wiz about 3 feet from my head. I have also seen a handful of bou up there limping around with arrows in there rumps. Ive quit going up there its disgusted me so bad. Most guys in this forum care enough about hunting and our stats so sorry if it seemed offensive but if you have been up there you know exactly what I'm talking about. The seem reason we get a "Haul Road ethics" post about once a month.