Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival Ruger 10/22

Question Survival Ruger 10/22

So has anyone ever set up a Ruger 10/22 similiar to a Feather AT-22 take down rifle with removable barrel and collapsible stock? I had 2 Feather AT-22s but they were garbage. Wish I had one made with a 10/22 action in that style...

Quote Originally Posted by THE_HUNTERIAM View Post
    So has anyone ever set up a Ruger 10/22 similiar to a Feather AT-22 take down rifle with removable barrel and collapsible stock? I had 2 Feather AT-22s but they were garbage. Wish I had one made with a 10/22 action in that style...
    Every 10/22 ever made has a removable barrel. I'm not getting what you are looking for.

Default I think he wants

a 10/22 with a quick-detachable barrel, probably without removing the stock. The barrel on a 10/22 is not really that quick to remove in the field.

You really won't gain much in the compactness department by removing the barrel. There are folding stock's out there. You can also cut the barrel down to 16 1/2" if you want to make it more compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    You really won't gain much in the compactness department by removing the barrel. There are folding stock's out there. You can also cut the barrel down to 16 1/2" if you want to make it more compact.
    I agree and would point out you can go as short as you want if you buy the 10-22 Charger handgun. A 10-22 Charger will shoot just as good as a full length rifle, you donít gain any accuracy from the longer barrel (other than from sight radius) and in .22lr not much velocity either. I am not 100% sure on this part, but I think you can drop the Charger action right into a folding 10-22 rifle stock and have a rifle that folds down to 12 or 14 inches.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jack49 View Post
    Every 10/22 ever made has a removable barrel. I'm not getting what you are looking for.
    More of a quick take down feature than allen screws. Taking off the stock and unscrewing 2 allen screws back and forth would be a pain. 10/22 action so far as I see is the best functioning, lowest maintenance action plus you can go with the higher capacity aftermarket mags. I have one with a folding stock, but would like to make one in truly day-packable size, similar to at least a Marlin Papoose size. Had a Papoose once, along with the Feather AT-22, both jammed badly even after professional work done to them. 10/22 is the action of choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I am not 100% sure on this part, but I think you can drop the Charger action right into a folding 10-22 rifle stock and have a rifle that folds down to 12 or 14 inches.
    While that is physically possible (as far as I know) that would be considered a short barreled rifle, and would get you in just as much trouble as building your own silencer or machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    While that is physically possible (as far as I know) that would be considered a short barreled rifle, and would get you in just as much trouble as building your own silencer or machine gun.
    I was looking at the latest Midway flyer and they have folding stocks just for the Charger. I don't see how it is any different than buying a TC Contender handgun receiver and using it with the rifle stock, or the old broom handle mouser that the holster is a detachable butt stock. Iím gonna have to go read the law again when I have time.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

You can use a pistol frame to build a rifle, but the barrel still has to be at least 16" long.

Putting a handgun (less than 16" barrel) in a rifle stock is a no-no.

I've heard that even if you own a handgun action, rifle stock to fit the action, and don't have a minimum 16" barrel for that action (even if not assembled) than that is considered as showing intent to assemble a class III weapon.

Stupid laws, but I make it a habbit of steering clear of activities that involve the alphabet soup government agencies.

I like the thought putting a 15" pistol barreled t/c on a folding stock but it needs a break added so the barrel is 16"+ then it is a legal shoulder fired weapon. You could do the same with the 10/22 couldn't you?
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    I like the thought putting a 15" pistol barreled t/c on a folding stock but it needs a break added so the barrel is 16"+ then it is a legal shoulder fired weapon. You could do the same with the 10/22 couldn't you?
    My 10/22 already has a folding stock, but hankering to make it smaller and lighter.

Question

So I want to make this customization but realize I cannot find the Butler Creek Packer Stock at all. I am looking to add a ordered Ram-Line Barrel Take-down kit to my Butler Creek Folding Stock equipped 10/22, and cut back the forearm so it will take up less space in a pack. What should I use to patch the stock so it doesn't look all hillbilly? The forearms are hollow. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up My new survival 10/22

My mini-me Ruger 10/22 is done. I used a Ram-Line takedown kit bought on Ebay and cut down a Butler Creek folding stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pale White Cracker View Post
    Do a modest barrel length 39 (Mountie or similar) and cut to the chase.
    ???????????????????????????????

Didn't Armalite make a plastic stocked .22 that all the components would fit inside? It would even float.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Didn't Armalite make a plastic stocked .22 that all the components would fit inside? It would even float.
    AR7 I think is what your thinking of (AR7) and it was also called the M7 for the airforce, Henry is making a copy of it still.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

AR7 I think is what your thinking of (AR7) and it was also called the M7 for the airforce, Henry is making a copy of it still.
    Ok that thing is sweet. I'm thinking that link you just posted will be the new homepage for the computer at home (which is how I drop hints to my wife on what toys I want for christmas)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Ok that thing is sweet. I'm thinking that link you just posted will be the new homepage for the computer at home (which is how I drop hints to my wife on what toys I want for christmas)
    I have never shot one myself but have heard mixed reviews on the Henry copy. Like many 22 autos some of them don't like to feed just any old cheap ammo some guys say. Other guys say theirs feeds great so it may be luck of the draw.

My only experience with Henry brand rifles is my lever action 22 and it had feeding trouble at first. After some slicking of the lift arm and ramp she feeds like a champ.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have never shot one myself but have heard mixed reviews on the Henry copy. Like many 22 autos some of them don't like to feed just any old cheap ammo some guys say. Other guys say theirs feeds great so it may be luck of the draw.

My only experience with Henry brand rifles is my lever action 22 and it had feeding trouble at first. After some slicking of the lift arm and ramp she feeds like a champ.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll check into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast