Thread: Glock 20 10mm

Question Glock 20 10mm

So, yes 10MM seems light for a bear defense load, but out of a Glock 20 I hear it is carried by many there in Alaska. I like the idea it is a standard service style handgun and would fit in my already owned Glock 21 holsters and is less likely to be left at home. Anyone out there personally own and carry one?

Yeah I own and carry one, but not when I'm in the thick stuff with a decent brownie population. Nice gun, I just have my doubts about the ability to stop a PO'd grizzly. I know a lot of guys here use them as their bear guns.......this topic has been beat to death on this forum. Best do a search and read all the previous postings before resurrecting this debate. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    Yeah I own and carry one, but not when I'm in the thick stuff with a decent brownie population. Nice gun, I just have my doubts about the ability to stop a PO'd grizzly. I know a lot of guys here use them as their bear guns.......this topic has been beat to death on this forum. Best do a search and read all the previous postings before resurrecting this debate. Good luck.
    Oh very good! Just did a search and found what I needed. Thanks!

Default G20

Used Beartooth 200gr FNGC and 800X in handloads with a 22# spring and Wolf Rod.......with a Custom match barrel wolf.......good pistol but does not equal the peformance on bear as the 44 mag.