Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this an appropriate sponsor of this forum?

Default Is this an appropriate sponsor of this forum?

I'm real easygoing about free speech and all, but I really wonder about the appropriateness of this particular sponsor of this hunting forum:

- They "know nothing about guns" but they object to semi autos being used?
    - They "wouldn't mind losing a few hunters" to the animals that they want to arm so they can hunt us?
    - "the crime of hunting" ???? I don't know where to begin on that one...

Why does this forum's management care to advance their idiocy? Do they (mgmt) think this is actually funny? Or is it just about cash?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hey Steve ..

are you sure you did not pick up one of the GOOGLE adds that appear on the top.. i am not sure Mike has the say in the adds that google tosses out on a loop...

where do you see this outfitt as a sponsor?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Exclamation I copied/pasted that from a page of this hunting forum

Vince,

I couldn't say from what part of the page I copied it. But it came right off the face of a page right here in the hunting forum, I can guarantee that. Frankly I was floored.

The google thing makes sense. They're putting a lot into "targeting" their adverts more and more, and it is likely they could know (from the content I was viewing) that "hunt" was a topic of interest to me, and thus sent an advert that had that word in it.

Google ad or not, I still think it inappropriate that his forum should show that link to that crap.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

here some time back in the bowhunting section...

there was a large banner.. be it tempory...

a dating site

HUNTING FOR A DATE???? but it was soon gone and i have not seen it since...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

The anti hunt groups are getting smarter. They now kinow how to get their propaganda onto web sites by using key words like "hunt".

Against the hunt is a google add on this thread for me. I think the mods can day that they don't want specific adds, but they don't know what the add will be until it pops up. At least that is how some other sites work.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

FamilyMan - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As others have pointed out, we don't choose the ads that go in that little box - they're placed there by Google. They're generally fairly well targeted to our audience, but obviously sometimes they're off. This isn't my area, but I'll forward this on to Mike and Pam and we'll get it zapped. Trust me, we're not looking to make a buck off promoting an anti-hunting group.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    FamilyMan - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As others have pointed out, we don't choose the ads that go in that little box - they're placed there by Google. They're generally fairly well targeted to our audience, but obviously sometimes they're off. This isn't my area, but I'll forward this on to Mike and Pam and we'll get it zapped. Trust me, we're not looking to make a buck off promoting an anti-hunting group.

Wink, Wink, Wink!

Google AdSense will place ads with site related words on your site. My understanding about AdSense is that the owner of the site can eliminate specific ads from appearing on the site. I'm sure the antihunting website knows this and uses this to their advantage.

It was me, I chose those sites and simply love the cause. I find that I don't get the same sort of thrill out of hunting poor.....aw who am I kidding.... Brian I can't cover for you any longer...

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Wink, Wink, Wink!

HOLD IT !!!!!!!!!!!

HOLD IT!!!!!!!!!!

how much does the site make if WE ALL CLICK THE ADD? then the anti site has to pay the bill.???

meet on face book here

Default Thanks Brian

Thanks Brian,

Sorry I didn't notice what part of the page I copied that from; thanks to Vince for being clever enough to figger where I saw it.

I'm glad you do care to zap it.

I know some here might say I shouldn't have put a link to the actual ad itself, so as to not promote their nonsense/crap, but I believe differently. I believe that the more people that see idiocy like that will understand how dumb the anti-hunting sentiments can be.

Or said another way, I don't believe that their message helps them to accomplish their goals, and that it does help to advance a pro-hunting point of view. To each their own, whether you agree with that or not.

Default who can verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    HOLD IT !!!!!!!!!!!

HOLD IT!!!!!!!!!!

how much does the site make if WE ALL CLICK THE ADD? then the anti site has to pay the bill.???
    Can someone please verify this?

I like the way you think, Vince. (some of the time... )

If that's true, clicking on the link I posted here should appear to the Internet people that process the clicks identically as if you had been "selected" to receive that ad, and then clicked on it. Technically, all they get is an http "referrer", which is a little tidbit of info that gives the exact URL of the page that was being viewed when the click happened. Note that merely hitting your refresh button on their dumb video will not accomplish this; you'd have to click from this site to theirs.

Also, their accounting system almost certainly will not know if you watched the entire video, so just the click causing you to fully get to their page would "count".

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's verify that that advertiser pays on a per click basis for each of us to view their video. I'm anxious to go "watch" it again real soon - and often.

Nice, Vince, Nice.

Default Clicking!

Excellent point! I know, as an advertiser, I have to pay for anyone that clicks on my adds that I have. If we click on that add, it's going to cost the cause a lot of money, especially if we all do it everytime we see it.

Also, please don't click on my add too much, as I can't afford to keep paying Mike my entire paychecks!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

OMG ! The Sklar brothers say I am a criminal... oh the shame of it all !

Viet Nam was the most intense hunting I've ever done and if they will train the bears to shoot I'll darn sure hunt them.Hopefully the bears will keep shots under a hundred yards and let you wake up before popping a cap in ya.

Default How much per click?

Anybody know how much we are helping the forum out each time we click on the link?
    I know nothing about computers. Might be a silly question. I know you can program or set up some phones to redial over and over again. Can you do the same with a computer? Could you program the computer to click on the link, open it, and close it again? Over and over and over and over? Maybe all night long while you are sleeping? Or all day long while you are away at work? Wonder just how much we could build the AOD coffers?

Smile too funny...

You guys are killing me. Click the ad and cost them money. Why would any one know that much about computers. I'm still trying to figure out why I have to click the "start" button to turn mine off. It's the only piece of machinery I have like that. Everything else has a "off" button!

Default did my part

I click on it a bunch of times

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Anybody know how much we are helping the forum out each time we click on the link?
    I know nothing about computers. Might be a silly question. I know you can program or set up some phones to redial over and over again. Can you do the same with a computer? Could you program the computer to click on the link, open it, and close it again? Over and over and over and over? Maybe all night long while you are sleeping? Or all day long while you are away at work? Wonder just how much we could build the AOD coffers?
    i know that some of my adds cost me 1.25 pr click or more.. i tend ot keep it on the lower end. soem can go as high as 5.00 per click depending on placement... of that Google send a stipend amount to that site it was presented on... I would be that it is 10-25 cents per click..

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast