Thread: Where can I find maps or charts online?

Default Where can I find maps or charts online?

People keep mentioning where the silvers are in PWS, and I don't have charts at home, so I try to find the little bays and rocks and stuff online. I am having very little success, however. Does anyone know where I can find at least a decent map of PWS with bay names online?

For instance, I'm looking for Shoup Bay right now, and I'll be ****ed if I can find it. Lots of other info on it, just not where the heck it is....

Oceangrafix, print on demand. They will ship it to you very fast too, if you want.
    I have had excellent customer service and great quality charts with updated info.
    http://www.oceangrafix.com/o.g/index.html

Default Great Resource;

"He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Oh, thanks. I should be more specific...I don't want tp print or buy, just see where things are online to get an idea.

Thank you, though.

Robb---Sweet. Exactly what I was trying to find. Thank you.
    Last edited by coho slayer; 08-19-2009 at 12:29. Reason: Robb posted an answer while I was posting a response

How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Go to the oceangrafix site, pick Alaska charts, click on chart # 16708, then click on graphic to enlarge chart. Shoup's Bay is in northwest corner of Port Valdez.

Google Earth is a great tool. You can zoom into the area you want to look at, or type in the place you want to look for and it flys right to it. Here is what it zoomed to when I typed in Shoup Bay...

Fish On!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

This is the cheapest I have found and they are good charts.

http://www.discountnautical.com/

Mike

Wow. Thanks everyone. I think that'll cover it...lol.

I just couldn't find those charts online in a viewable way for some reason. Just gotta know where to look, I guess.

I did find what I was looking for, at least where the bay was, on Google Earth. But that lacks the nautical stuff which also obviously comes in handy.

Thanks again!

Default DNR Loves you

http://mapper.landrecords.info/
    Base map
    Select either a Topo or NOAA chart at the bottom for the base map option. Then click and drag to where you want.
    You can call the Public Information Center at 907 269 8400 Monday through Friday 10 am to 5 pm for help and walk throughs.

Zoom out enough and you can even tell the major land owners, state, native, blm, nat. forest/parks