Thread: Reputable/competent gunsmith in Fairbanks

Default Reputable/competent gunsmith in Fairbanks

Any recommendations?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Arctic gun works hands down...on the street behind university safeway... ( now that they rebuilt and turned it) next to the sports shop... log cabin..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I've heard good about Arctic Gun Works. I've only done FFL transfers through him.

He's behind the new Safeway off of University.

Arctic Gun Works, excellent work but a bit pricey. But I suppose you get what you pay for.

Default Another vote for Arctic Gunworks

I had an issue with a rifle recently. Gary is easy to speak with and delivered his services on time, which is fairly uncommon for gunsmiths in my experience. The job was completed promptly, it was well done and the pricing was not cheap but it seemed fair for what he did.

Not to hijack, but with the closure of Down Under Guns, does anyone know if their gunsmith (Mark something) is still in the business? He worked magic on a few of my guns, and even made a couple trigger-assembly springs for my 682 when Beretta said it would take 6-8 months to ship them from Italy.

Diesel Nut, give Doug a call 687-8500 he too was a smith over at Down Under until it closed...I still use him for whatnots, he may know how to contact him.

Give Doug Albright formerly of Down Under Guns a call on his cell phone,907-687-8500
    Mark Mitchell formerly of Down Under Guns has moved out of state as of fall/2008.

Personally I wouldn't let Gary Junk @ Arctic Gun Works touch a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.
    Master Gunsmith-NOT!!!!!

Keep'em in the X Ring,
    DAN

www.accu-tig.com

i agree. gary at arctic gun works is aweful. i wouldn't let him touch my sons plastic daisy.

he is the most arrogant, closed minded, jerk, "business owner" i have ever met. i have no idea how that guy makes a living, other than he is in alaska, fairbanks at that, and demand outweighs supply.

don't go to him. he will treat you bad and charge you worse....

Default Arctic Gun Work

I also had problems with Arctic Gun Works. I had him do some work on my sons 7mm and when we left his store and went to the range every time you worked the bolt it would fire. Luckly my son is very safe with fire arms and kept the rifle pointed down range because after his first shot he went to chamber another round and the rifle went off in his hands. I took the rifle from him to check it out and every time you worked the bolt it would fire. I took the rifle right back to Gary and he tried to say it was something I done/did before he ever took a look at the rifle. He never would say that it was his fault. The rifle never had a problem until he did some trigger work and other stuff to it. Try and find somebody else if you can.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    I also had problems with Arctic Gun Works.

Robert
    I too had problems, twice. PM me for details but I would not go there again.

By Jack49
    Arctic Gun Works, excellent work but a bit pricey. But I suppose you get what you pay for

yes, pricey, and no I did not get what I paid for, cost me to fix it though.