Thread: Alaska Snowmachine Salvage....

Default Alaska Snowmachine Salvage....

I was curious if anyone knows how this outfit works when you have a machine that may have reached the end of it's functional life. Do they accept machines, even? If so, do they prefer them whole or already parted out?? I called them a few times and have not gotten anyone to pick up, which I figure means they have seasonal hours.

I have an 1991 Skidoo that I think I have taken as far as I can, and would like to see it re-used or recylcled if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

They have decided to close their doors for good. They have gone out of bussiness.

I've heard rumours that the ATV salvage shop in Eagle River is doing some salvage sled work???

Default Well....Crap!!

Dang!

Well I guess I'll have to rely on good-ole Craigs List and see if anyone wants to take it off my hands or needs parts... Maybe I'll give the ER shop a shout and see what they know.

Thanks for the info, and thats too bad about the shop closing! It seems like more and more places that work to keep things from being dropped off at a landfill are closing and going out of business. Kind of a drag...

Safe hunting to all!

Jake

The salvage shop closes for the summer months. They did sell the building and are moving everything to a new location. I have heard it will be in the same area. I was told to call the number in a month or two and they should be back up for business.

Default Power Sports Stuff

You may check with Thom at mile 50 Parks Hiway. He sells used parts, but I don't know if he'll take anything that old. I'm with you about recycling parts, though. There'll always be someone looking for a part that you just threw away! Power Sports Stuff is 892-8722

I have a matched pair of '94 Skandic 503's that have lived out at the cabin for the last ten years or so and the chain case on the SLT is going. Feels like it's slipping a tooth when I use the drag for the runway.
    So, if your '91 is compatable, we might be able to put it to good use. PM me and let's see what we can do.

Just ran into this on craigslist:

"FYI ASS (Alaska Snowmachine Salvage) is still in business. Spread the word. Bought by 3 new owners and tentativly opening the doors in 2 weeks.
    New Address

1300 E 74th Ave
    #907-349-8594
    Come down and check it out! "

I was into their new place on Friday. They're still moving in but are open. Great guys and VERY helpful.