Thread: Hunting Reg Question

Default Hunting Reg Question

I was reading in the hunting regs that you must have land owner permission to hunt on private land, where can I find a map of state and private land for the Fairbanks managment area? I found a place I would like to hunt but I have no clue as to who owns it. It does have a dog sled trail run through it though are these state owned? and are all bodies of water public just wondering because it was that way in my home state. Thanks in advance.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by onehook View Post
    I was reading in the hunting regs that you must have land owner permission to hunt on private land, where can I find a map of state and private land for the Fairbanks managment area? I found a place I would like to hunt but I have no clue as to who owns it. It does have a dog sled trail run through it though are these state owned? and are all bodies of water public just wondering because it was that way in my home state. Thanks in advance.
    where at ? i will be able to tell you right off...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks, lol no it is just one of the many pot holes off of the goldstream creek drainage south of murphy dome road it is also near the alaska trans rail system. Any input should I call a game warden or call Fbks Fish and Game would they have a map? I just dont want to ruffle any feathers of local authorities by saying "well I thought it was public property" back were I am from I can hunt anywhere without permission as long as the land owner has not posted their property. But with the sled dog trail it must have some sort of public acess right?

Default Link to FNSB GIS

Here is a link to enter the Borough GIS, http://gis.co.fairbanks.ak.us/

Once you zoom into your area of interest, there is a I icon, highligh that icon, then click on the parcel you are interested in. It will show parcel ownership. Also, click on the parcels around the area you are interested in.

thanks big daddy turns out it is owned by alaska state dept of natural resources so I should be ok, that link is a very good tool.

Default DNR Land

Be careful on DNR land. Creamers Field Refuge is on DNR land. The regulations have restrictions on hunting at Creamers Field.

Also be careful on military land, there is a lot of it between Fairbanks and Eielson AFB.

thanks, the spot is not on military land and it is a good 6 miles from creamers field and from looking at the map it is not inside the area.