Thread: Rough season and an apology

Default Rough season and an apology

Anyone else having one of those seasons? Mine started with tendinitis 2 weeks before my Bou trip. 3 Days before we left I was finally able to hold a good pattern with a 42 pound bow not my 50. Then Gunther gets sick 4th day out and we have to make a bee line for home. Now I fall and injure my right arm badly enough that I can't even carry a jug of water the day before I was leaving for a 4 day sheep hunt! It's bad enough my chances of putting good food on the table have been dropping, but what really bothers me is the folks I've had no choice but to hold off on there bows!

Dave and Nate, all that's left is finish shaping guys, I'm deeply sorry but I can't do that detailed work right now. ASAP I'll have them done. Dave, you'll have your bow when you go north.

John stop by the house when you get a chance too select woods and design, I'm sorry you should have been over to do that months ago!

Patrick sorry I failed to E-Mail you. I was stomped with things and wasn't able to get your stave ready, send me a PM next time your in town and I'll get you set up.

All, this is not the way I like to do business, I'm embarrassed and truly sorry. Thank you guys very much for your understanding so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Get healed up and hope Gunther is feeling better too.

Gunther is back to himself! I caught him sitting in the middle of the kitchen table trying to eat the goldfish we got for him. He had one in his left hand and his right in the fish bowl up to his elbow trying for another. I didn't realize he had one in his mouth till I could only find 2 fish, that one didn't live long.

When am I going to get to see your bow? I need some inspiration for my first lefty.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Been thinking about giving you a shout but it will have to wait a week or so now. I too have been dealing with some med issues and just got home after all day at Providence. Had to get a stent put in my left leg so I can walk more than a few hundred yards without having that leg exhausted. Now I've got to take it easy for a few weeks so the artery can heal up good. Blowing one of those out falls under "this is not a good thing". After that though we will definitely get together and fling a few arras. Did you get started reading that book yet?

"Dies the fire" Is still unopened. Lately by the time I get around to doing some reading it's way past bedtime.

Sorry to hear your having some troubles, stint placement is not a fun procedure!

Heal up and we'll see you when your back on your feet.
    BHA Member

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    "Dies the fire" Is still unopened. Lately by the time I get around to doing some reading it's way past bedtime.

Sorry to hear your having some troubles, stint placement is not a fun procedure!

Heal up and we'll see you when your back on your feet.

LOL knda hard to read if your fishing in your KID!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE! i have NOT laughed that hard in a LONG time... because I KNOW IT!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

My Mom has been in a wheel chair for almost a year after a really bad fractured leg. I know she's extremely board, so I call almost everyday. She loves too hear about Gunther's adventures and usually follows up with a tale from my child hood. Apparently when I was about Gunther's age she was cleaning some brushes after refinishing a piece of furniture. She figured I'd leave the pail of turpentine alone while she left the brushes to soak in it. You guessed it when she came back a minute or two latter I was sucking on a brush from the pail! I didn't start too cry till she took the brush away from me...................hu that might just explain a few things!
    BHA Member

well you'd better be able to do a 12oz curl I'm doing a mad dash down this weekend to pick up a raft for sept and a wedding reception..not sure how the plans are going to lay I'll keeps ya posted.

Always up for a visit TradBow! Look forward too seeing you!
    BHA Member

Default heal up, bud.

No worries bud. Stay healthy. Good things come in good time.

(Goats on the bannister, Gunther eating goldfish, mystery bruises, PJ photos on the internet... - Man it sounds like a frat house over there!?)

Nate

Dude you've been to my house, has it ever not been totally nuts over here?
    BHA Member

OK swelling is down and I can move the arm without much pain. Going to replace our front door today with Tracy's help. If that goes well I'll spend the weekend shooting, starting with one of my lighter bows, and be out for Bear early next week.
    BHA Member

So I take out the old door and discover rot a solid foot back into the arctic entry! About half way through the demolition work Tracy gets a call that there is a emergency heart in the OR with no nurse to take care of him/her. That's right for the last 10 hours I've been rebuilding my floor and some of the joists under it! Best of all I lost the only help I had 8 hours ago. Ever watch a 2 1/2 year old and do major reconstruction on your house at the same time!?! Highly recommended great fun!
    BHA Member