Thread: Thanks for all the help!

Smile Thanks for all the help!

My wife and I finally made it up to Seward and the rest of Alaska for our trip. On the 7th (out anniversary no less) we were chartered with Captain Leslie from Puffin Charters and had a pretty good day. It took us quite a while to find a productive hole for butts but when we did the whole boat limited out in about 1 hour, landing one yelloweye while we were at it. All the butts were in the 25-25lb range. Nothing huge, but I hear they taste better this way. From there we went in search of silvers which seemed to be rather elusive that day. Could have been d/t the orcas that had been seen a lot of spots in the region, or that we had the first good weather day in 2 weeks. We did finally find them tucked up tight against the rocks of one of the many islands. They were mixed in with the rockfish right against the wall. Made for some interesting juggling, but Capt. Leslie managed to keep everything going without dropping a thing. In the end my wife and I came up 1 short each of limiting on salmon and lost 2 each. We both caught and released enough black bass to have easily limited out on them. I'm sure we would have spent more time to limit out except we had to catch a cruise ship and another couple guys had to catch a flight from Anchorage at 9pm. Hope they made it. Overall a great trip and I would definately recomend using Puffin to anyone.

I also thank all on this forum that helped me figure out when and where to go for the fishing and answering my questions.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........Where are the pictures?? ?? ??

Glad you had a good trip!!!

Working on it. Have barely been home 24 hrs and have about 8 Gig of memory cards to download and sort through first .

OK, I have a few pics ready. Kept it limited to just the ones in Seward where we fished since this is a fishing forum after all. Besides, just too many too choose from as it is. The one is a sunrise as we headed out fishing Friday the 7th. The sea otter was mooching left over bait from some of the charter boats when they came back in from a day of fishing. The yelloweye was landed by another person on our boat, which had a total of 12 people fishing on it (hence the large total catch shown w/ my wife an I). Again, Thanks for all the info so I could get this trip put together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Couple more pics. Didn't know it would only allow 2 attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......................That's better!!!
    Keep 'em coming!!!