Thread: Swede Lake trail, denali hwy.......

Default Swede Lake trail, denali hwy.......

Where does it start from and how close is it to the MacLaren Rive bridge? Need some 411!

Default It is ...

It is about mile 20? or so, the Maclaren Lodge is about mile 40 or 50 something. If your goinig in from the Paxon side you will pass the trailhead, then it will be tangle lakes, then Landmark gap, Glacier lake, Maclaren summit then it drops down pass the 7-mile lake trail then it hits the river where the lodge is. Hope this helps.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Where does it start from and how close is it to the MacLaren Rive bridge? Need some 411!

drive north... turn right .. look for sign aobut 100 miles or so...looks just like one of those state trailhead signs...

miles start in cantwell end in paxton... 136 miles across..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    drive north... turn right .. look for sign aobut 100 miles or so...looks just like one of those state trailhead signs...

miles start in cantwell end in paxton... 136 miles across..
    Actually it's the other way around. Paxon is MP0, Tangle Lakes MP 22, Maclaren Lodge is MP42, Big Su bridge MP79, and Cantwell is MP136.

Minor, but possibly confusing to a first timer hung up on written directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Actually it's the other way around. Paxon is MP0, Tangle Lakes MP 22, Maclaren Lodge is MP42, Big Su bridge MP79, and Cantwell is MP136.

Minor, but possibly confusing to a first timer hung up on written directions.
    Vince is messin with me, lmao...... I got his number no worries! lol

We need to be closer to the Maclaren river bridge, I found the swede lake trail will not get us to our drawing permit area.

Vince is messin with me, lmao...... I got his number no worries! lol

We need to be closer to the Maclaren river bridge, I found the swede lake trail will not get us to our drawing permit area.
    Drawing permit? I didn't know you drew one. My mother has the Alphabet Hills any-bull tag, but I'm assuming that's not the one you're referring to.

If you've got an ABC hills tag try contacting Alan at Maclaren. He has a transporter's license and an airboat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Drawing permit? I didn't know you drew one. My mother has the Alphabet Hills any-bull tag, but I'm assuming that's not the one you're referring to.
    That's the one! lol, my buddy drew it on a party permit so, 4 of us going in with 2 any bull and 2 general.

Default Good Luck!

One of my favorite places to hunt, Its where I got my first Moose. You should do well.

That's the one! lol, my buddy drew it on a party permit so, 4 of us going in with 2 any bull and 2 general.
    Look on your map see if the Middle fork trail near Meirs lake on the Richardsan hwy will get you there. You can see the Swede Lake trail from the Summit.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author