Thread: Byer's Creek access?

Default Byer's Creek access?

Years back I used to stop and fish/hunt the small access road just south of Byer's Creek. Last fall when I drove past for the first time since returning to the state, I noticed it was gated shut, so I figured someone must have bought all the land. Naturally I was a little bummed as I had a lot of good memories from the place, but time marches on and I put it out of my mind. Until this weekend anyway... Passing by north and southbound I saw two different groups of vehicles (5 cars total) parked outside the gate. I never saw a "No Trespassing" sign or anything, but figured the gate was deterrent enough. I'd love to fish there again, and it was also a perfect spot to stop and catch a nap without being right on the side of the highway. Does anybody know the status of the property?

Thanks,

Adam

The land was purchased by a developer quite some time ago and subdivided. There are a fair number of cabins back there now. The general consensus seems to be that you are okay parking outside the gate and walking in. If you happen to be there when the gate is open, drive in, and park you may have a less favorable experience. Hardly worth going there now that the development has occurred.

It's a subdivision, but I don't know if the roads are public or not. I've never had an issue walking through.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Its an illegal gate according to the MSB.

http://frontiersman.com/articles/200...2883822948.txt

Default pull the gate down.

Assuming the article is correct, the gate needs to come down before the borough hears any other motion for a change. The guy did wrong. Now he wants to use that as a basis for change.
    Not sure about fishing, but if one person hinders another persons ability to hunt or hinders there chance to harvest game, that is unlawful. I would think the same thing applies for fishing. Any input?
    The guy seems to be going way to far to be considered reasonable. I vote to have the gate removed and signs put up indicating it is public access.

Wink

Lots of Bears and lots of Rainbow Trout in the creek. Seems like it would be a real good idea to test the state laws concerning Harassment of Lawful Hunters/Fishermen.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I know Julie, and I know the fish guide. I really think that this is a case that the fish guide was told one thing and that he didn't know the other side of the story. You would have probably done the same thing if you obtained permission from a property owner. I imagine that the whole thing will be sorted out in short order.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Anybody go by there anymore? Is the gate still up? Anyway to get to the confluence without walking the creek all the way from the bridge?