Thread: Ivishak

Default Ivishak

Anyone have a water report on how low or high it is up there?

Leave on the 28th

Nobody Knows?

Default Check the web

Here is a link to the canning river which is the drainage to the east if you look at the past 60 days you can see the relative water levels.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ak/nwis/uv...cd=00065,00060

Here is on for the Sag R. which is just to the west, also look at the past 60 to get an idea.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ak/nwis/uv...cd=00065,00060

Good Luck!

Default Timing

You'll never be able to tell 10 days out unless your weather forcast is solid. Its best to check the weather, forcasted weather, and the flows on the web 2 days before you leave.

Default Call Coyote Air

Up until Last week brutal at best call the Coyote Air D&D will fill you in. Lost of Snow and Rain over the past several days should have helped.

Have fun!

One week away. Any new updates on the Ivishak? Were going in on next Sunday the 29th. Should be some great char fishing

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    . Any new updates on the Ivishak?
    It's till there Good luck to you and your son Sam
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Water Level

Just returned from the Ivy... water was low in someplaces but we didn't struggle too much heard it was real low up high in the mountains, we dropped in by the fish and game cabin and it was fine there... Good Luck

Default any new word on water levels

anyone have any news on the water levels?

Looks like easy running right now, normal water levels, maybe a little on the low side. Probably 30 trucks at the 50 mile launch right now. AK Nimrod is getting around fine after a boat problem sidelined him for a day and a half. I'll be heading out with him this weekend.

30 trucks..sheesh!

I went up the Echooka in early August with my Airboat all the way to the ANWR boundary. A lot of it was pretty darn shallow for a jetboat. There were times I was going over water that was less than 1 inch deep. The Ivishak had decent amount of water if you knew where the channel was.

- 30 trucks?? Wow. There were 4 when we launched and two of which were my group's. Must be because of the opening of brownie season.

It was pretty crowded on the 26th, which seems a little late, normally the trucks are piled in around the middle of the month. Most of the trucks did not have trailers, but I think at least 8 of them did.

I didn't count them, but took a quick look around and it was a pretty obscene amount, so 30 is a quick estimated amount. There were a few parked up top, but pretty much all of them were down on the gravel bar or up on the tundra where the good launching spot it.

I'll be back down there tonight, so I'll get an accurate count.

can see another good hunt getting shut down!

28 trucks Wednesday, 20ish there yesterday and today. Some leaving, some coming in. Busy place.

No need to shut it down, people are getting caribou and not bumping in to each other too much. Transporters are becoming the real problem out there according to a couple reports from people just getting back in.

Here is a shot from Friday night. Several trucks left between Wednesday and Friday, and some more showed up before I left on Saturday night. Lots of people having issues this year. There is an airboat 30+ miles upriver that blew their engine. They brought out the first group and returned to camp. The guys in the first group have been camping at the launch for 2 days waiting for word on why they didn't come back out with the rest of the gear. There was another group that brought small inflatables and 15HP with a prop. They made it about a half mile up and came floating back down.

Nimrods boat is still having cavitating problems. He had to park it upriver a ways so we walked out there and limped it back to the launch. A group from Oregon finally got their boat back in the water after beating it up pretty good from the launch. There is a Predator out there that the guys pulled it out of the water and had the engine cover off and looking it over.

Earlier in August a buddy had a group come up and their boat broke on the drive up.

Folks are getting some bou up there, but they are in the mountains. I don't think the guys by the Echooka are doing very well.

River level is very good for this time of year. Probably a little above normal for this late, but still shallow. Lots of guys getting stuck.

*edit* this photo only shows one angle. There were 4 or 5 trucks parked up on the road, and a couple you can't see in the brush.