Thread: Kodiak-Pasagshak lodging?

Default Kodiak-Pasagshak lodging?

Hey guys,

Does any one know of some sort of lodging/cabin rental close to the pasagshak mouth?

Brownbear was kind enough to share some info with me, mostly about trying to catch halibut from shore in that area, but I need a place to sleep.

This is only for 2010 but I like to plan ahead.

Last year I slept in the car I rented more than once but I dont think I want to do that for 6-7 days straight. Well, I would, but my back might disagree. Its also hard to make eggs in there...

Anyways, I checked kodiak.org and I also emailed them but maybe some of the Kodiak guys had more info?

Also, Brownbear explained to me that there are a few good spots for Halibut from shore around Kodiak. If anyone else has any info on it, Id be glad to hear it!!

Thanks again

anybody?

Kodiak crew? Posse? Gang? Peeps?

Thumbs up

Well Biscuit I'm not from Kodiak but www.fishkodiak.com might be a good start for you

Rick Baker has a place out there for his fishing clients. I don't know if he does lodging-only deals, though.
    http://www.fishkodiak.com/index.html

Hey Soda, The road system is only like 100 miles all together, if you found a B&B closer to town you could probably be there in like 20 or 30 min. tops. I'll will try to find out what is near and PM you, good luck. Jeff

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. It looks like the fishkodiak.com might be more of an inclusive lodge but I'll email and find out.

Im trying to keep it simple and cost effective because the trip is fairly expensive as is.

I tried emailing a few other places that the chamber of commerce gave me but have not received any emails back as of yet.

I'll keep searching.

Any info, please let me know.

thanks again

Default Pa$hag$hak...

My title says it all.
    Pricey.
    Keyword search Pashagshak River acommodations Alaska and you will see what I mean.

Spend your inexpensive times on the road system for river fish. Using that system for halibut bank fishing is not recommended and is contrary to what the system offers up to the savy and opportunistic angler.

I was there last week.
    Stick to the sea for the halibut...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    My title says it all.
    Pricey.
    Keyword search Pashagshak River acommodations Alaska and you will see what I mean.

Spend your inexpensive times on the road system for river fish. Using that system for halibut bank fishing is not recommended and is contrary to what the system offers up to the savy and opportunistic angler.

I was there last week.
    Stick to the sea for the halibut...

Rosenberg/Florida
    I fully realize this is an expensive trip but its something I want to do. Im sure fishing the road system is fun and I know I'll get to do it another time. For 2010, Im gonna try to find a cabin/house to rent, and give it a try from the beach.

Don't listen to mr. rosenberg, if you want to target halibut from the beach than go ahead. It's your trip dont let someone else tell you what to do!!! I may not be an author like mr rosenberg but I actually have lived in kodiak for 13 years which means i know a lot more than someone who lives in the lower 48 and visits here and know that if you hit it right you can have some really good butt fishing from the beach and would recomend it for sure. Any who says it's not recommended like mr rosenberg doesn't know kodiak's full potential and probably doesn't live here.

I don't know what spots you were given but if you want some good ones pm me. Every year myself and a few buddies catch fish over 150 from shore. My friend caught a 200 pounder in 20 feet of water right off the beach along with 3 50 pounders in 6 hours in mid july last year.

The key is to come at the right time, mid august is the best because the halibut follow the pinks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak Commando View Post
    Don't listen to mr. rosenberg, if you want to target halibut from the beach than go ahead. It's your trip!!! I may not be an author like mr rosenberg but I actually have lived in kodiak for 13 years and know that if you hit it right you can have some really good butt fishing from the beach and would recomend it for sure. Any who says it's not recommended like mr rosenberg doesn't know kodiak's full potential and probably doesn't live here.

I don't know what spots you were given but if you want some good ones pm me. Every year myself and a few buddies catch fish over 150 from shore. My friend caught a 200 pounder in 20 feet of water right off the beach along with 3 50 pounders in 6 hours in mid july last year.

The key is to come at the right time, mid august is the best because the halibut follow the pinks in.
    I always appreciate Bernards info though. He's helped me out a lot in the past.

This halibut from shore thing has to happen though!

I will send you a PM now. Seems like you are a big fan of catching them from shore!

thanks

Hooray for Kodiak Chamber of Commerce

kodiakoldsriverinn.com/

Not inexpensive by any means but its better than the $3000 a week I saw on craigslist in May!

$150 a night on the olds river. Its about 12 miles away from the mouth they told me.

Is the olds a good silver stream?

Whats funny is that they wont even let me book yet because Im too early.

urrrgghhhh...

Now I have to look for something else to keep me busy...

darn you alaska! Get out of my head!