Thread: Any Silvers showing near Seward beaches yet?

Default Any Silvers showing near Seward beaches yet?

really wanna find out if they are catchable from the bank yet

Default Lowell Point

They were catching the heck outta them at Lowell point on Saturday.

This is good news!

It may have been answered before, but do the silvers ever run into Resurrection Creek, and are you able to snag them from the beach there?

some silvers run up the resurrection river, and theres a few places where you can catch in there russian river style, if you can get to the mouth im sure you can snag em there...

Default Who

Who is they - and what is catching the "heck" outta them mean?

I saw some pinks caught on Sunday at lowell point. We saw a couple here and their taken in the bay by boats. Radio chatter suggested that the guides were turning paying customers away because of the lack of silvers in the bay.

It was far from hot action in the bay up to sunday at 5:00pm.

Default Well

I sat and watched the beach for around 15 minutes and saw as many fish pulled in.
    On the road between Seward and Lowell Point almost everyone I saw walking was carrying bags with at least 1 fish in them. One of the charter boats at Millers Landing came in and unloaded around 12 silvers about the same in rock cod and half a dozen or so pacific cod. This was all Saturday between noon and say about 5ish.

I would assume that would qualify as "heck" compared to other areas I have seen so far.

Maybe I am wrong, sorry if I used the wrong terminology

I was out at Miller's Landing this weekend and while I did see a number of fish caught on the road headed out there, as well as right at my campground, they were all pinks. Everyone I talked to had either no silvers or maybe 1 in a lot of fishing time, but had lots of pinks.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

sounds about right for this time of august....the creek on lowell point gets a run of pinks, and they just pile up at the waterfall down the road (terminal hatchery fish), so between those places along the road there is always a lot of pinks schoolin around until they die off

Default Lowell Point

We fished the high tide Friday night, hooked into 2 silvers and 4 pinks. Saturday we missed the high tide and only pulled in 1 pink. Not hot but still fun.

Default Still Too Early for Silvers

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    I was out at Miller's Landing this weekend and while I did see a number of fish caught on the road headed out there, as well as right at my campground, they were all pinks. Everyone I talked to had either no silvers or maybe 1 in a lot of fishing time, but had lots of pinks.
    Folks I've spoken with reported the same: lots of pinks and few silvers from shore. Traditionally, coho hit the beach in decent numbers around late August or early September.