Thread: Seward combo

Default Seward combo

I have a seward combo trip booked friday for Halibut/cod and bass. Was just curious since its my first time fishing out of seward, and have never been on a rock fishing trip what to expect, anyone done it recently? how is the fishing this time of year? I know peak time is in July. They told me its been decent fishing the last week or so. I normally fish out of homer but have never gone out of seward so wanted to try something different. Is the cod/bass fishing good? Do the yellow eye hang out in the cod areas? would love to tie into one of those.

I've taken my boat out of Seward a few times this summer, and we had little problem getting into the rockfish. The biggest problem was that you are only allowed on non-pelagic fish per person and its quite easy to hook the yellow eyes.

Default seward

So what does that mean? If you catch a yellow eye and keep it you cant keep any bass? I was under the impression the bass limit was 4 and yellow eye one per day. Am I wrong?

Default nevermind

nevermind I went back and read the regs black bass a palegic yellow eye are non.
    It pays to read the regs.

Thumbs up I think...

If you have mainly fished halibut out of Homer and you have a good fishing trip on your Seward combo you probably won't be fishing Homer again for awhile. Those Seward combos are good trips.

Default seward

yeah im pretty stoked, lived here for 30 years been out of homer a million times but never been out of seward just hope the weather is decent friday.