Thread: Stolen ATV Fairbanks $1000 reward for return

Default Stolen ATV Fairbanks $1000 reward for return

I recently got broken into and cleaned out. If anyone sees a 1997 Polaris Sportsman 500 that has a lot of custom features, contact me please.

The rear rack is extended with a one inch tube steel rail. The front rack has a custom one inch tube rail and has a slot for a gun but on the right side, the left side has a ammo container bolted to it, full of tools. There's many one inch rings welded to the rack.

The front bumper is welded to the winch bracket, the winch is a 2500 pounder. The control for the winch is on the left side of the handlebar, and is very large and removable. The winch cable is in real bad shape from plowing snow and has no hook on it.

The left front fender has a two and a half inch hole drilled into it so you can pour oil into the wheeler easy. It has a plow bracket and a tank heater for plowing snow. It has hand warmers and a thumb warmer. I covered the head lights with a heavy wire mesh, the rear rack has the same mesh around the sides. Hanging by the two inch ball is a short piece of chain so you can hook up a strap easy.

Also taken was a custom aluminum meat wagon. Its about a foot wide at the bottom and slopes out to four feet wide at the top,a very odd looking trailer.

It has about 1500 miles on it with custom mud tires. The speedometer recently quit working.

Thank you for any of your tips. I'll try and figure out how to post a picture of it on here later.

Question i live out of town /but off a wheeler trail...

what part of town? ...i'll keep a eye out.... the sob's
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Default Photo?

Do you have a picture you could post? That'd sure help us to identify it if we see it.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Default I have a picture of my wheeler

Does anyone no how to post a picture off of a Mac

This is assuming your picture is on your desktop........

-Start your new thread
    -Scroll down to 'Additional Options'
    -Click 'Manage Attachments'
    -Click 'Choose File' in top left screen
    -A list of items will come up under different headings in your computer, if 'Desktop' isn't listed scroll until 'Desktop' shows.
    -Click the picture you want in the thread
    -A picture will appear
    -Click 'Choose' in the lower right corner
    -'Manage Attachments' will show up
    -Click box that says 'Upload' (The picture heading should be listed to the left of the 'Upload' box.
    -The file will commence to upload.
    -Once it is uploaded it will list your current attachment.
    -I then click re button to close 'Manage Attachments.
    -You now should be back at the start of your thread and you should see in the 'Additional Options' the picture file you uploaded int he 'Attachment File' box.
    -You can preview your picture by clicking 'Preview Post.
    -If you see your picture, click 'Submit Reply'.
    -If you don't, I screwed up.......

ps. If you haven't put a message in the message area you won't see your uploaded picture when you preview your post.

Good luck.

Default picture of wheeler

Heres a picture of my wheeler, Thanks for the help Kingfisher
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now that picture was worth the wait, sorry it had to be an unpleasant situaltion Glad to help.

Default 589 tires

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T View Post
    Heres a picture of my wheeler, Thanks for the help Kingfisher
    I just remembered My stolen wheeler has 589 tires on it, One more identifying feature.......

Default No luck yet

I have the snow plow for that sportsman 500 that was stolen minus the bracket I'll sell it cheap, I don't think I'll ever see my wheeler again. PM me if your interested..I'm in Fairbanks.