Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mudzillas or Outlaws

Default Mudzillas or Outlaws

Where in Alaska (prefferably around Anchorage) can you buy Mudzillas or Outlaws? Trying to order them from outside is crazy on the freight. I could almost drive to America and pick them up for the UPS costs. Any help would be appreciated..

Johnsons tire service in Eagle River had a set of zillas on their floor this fall. They weren't cheap! You might check with them.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Yes, these two tires are very expensive, I just priced out a set of 28" zillas without rims shipped to Eagle River for $812.72. It just so happens I have a set of 28" Zillas on 4/110 rims that I might be willing to sell. I used them on two short trips and they have less than 100 miles on them. I will let them go for $475.

Have your supplier ship them in care of you to Carlile freight terminal in Tacoma Washington. They will then ship them to Alaska for about $65 for all four. I did it at least three different times this year.

Forgot to mention the $65 they charged me for freight was for the wheels AND tires. And that charge is if you pick them up at the terminal in Anchorage. They charge a few bucks more if you want them delivered to your door.
    Check on EBAY or other places online as most will ship free in the lower 48. Then you just pay the $65 or so to Carlile when they arrive up here.

Default Water Gremlin

Water Gremlin....I have some interest in the tires and wheels. The rears are 28-12 I assume and the front are 28-8? I ask becuase I also see a 28-10 on websites. What did you run them on?

12 inches wide in the rear and 10 inches in the front. Polaris owners typically buy the 8" wide zillas for the front due to the lack of strut clearance.

I used them on my 05 Brute Force. They will fit any other machine with a 4/110 bolt pattern which would include the Grizz, KQ, IRS Bombs, IRS Kawi's, and the Rincon. The rims will not work on a solid rear axle. They will work with a stock Kawi IRS machine, with some possible rubbing on the gas tank. The other machines may require a lift kit.

Of course, the rims can be removed and replaced with a set that would fit an AC, and Po's. The same would be true for any SRA machine. I am selling the tires and rims together so I can possiblily buy an ecaller.

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Where in Alaska (prefferably around Anchorage) can you buy Mudzillas or Outlaws? Trying to order them from outside is crazy on the freight. I could almost drive to America and pick them up for the UPS costs. Any help would be appreciated..
    What size laws do you want? I know a guy in Chugiak that has some 28's he'd sell for pretty cheap. I think he still has them. His handle here is silvertipgriz and he is a mod over at www.atvfrontier.com in the Yamaha forum.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I believe STG had the 29.5 outlaws. Now those are bad to the bone.

Default ATV Tires

I suggest shopping Ebay many folks offer free shipping to the lower 48. I have them sent to friend(s) who come up to fish then I have them bring them up as luggage. I've seen ATV tires on the luggage conveyor belt several times at both FAI and ANC airports. Maybe you have a friend making the trip down to the lower 48 for the holidays; you drive them to and pick them up from the airport for the cost of two bags of their family of four luggage on their return trip. Just an option, that has worked for me. I intend on having the in-laws bring up a set of tires and a winch this March. I havenít told them yet, but I'm sure they will.

Default Polaris and Mudzillas

Water Gremlin, the tires/rims are going on a Polaris so it won't work. I have a friend with a KAWA that I'll let know about them though. I appreciate the idea on the shipping from everyone. I am going to explore the Carlile angle as I have no one going south in the near future and I try to aviod going to American if at all possible! Work sent me to Dallas about 5 years ago and that greatly reinforced my desire to not go down their if at all possible.......thanks

Default recommendation

Buy WG's tires/rims, swap them over to your stock Polaris rims, sell/give the Kawi rims to your buddy. You will probably still save money over buying new ones and having them shipped.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default 10 inch fronts

The problem with that is the 10 inch front tires on the Polaris. The 8 inch tires would probably be tight. The 10s would require what, probably 1.5" spacers? That would make really it hard to get two wheelers on a 8ft wide trailer.

Default spacers

I put 10" wide with 1 1/2" spacers on the front of my Polaris and it will still fit side by side with another machine just fine. With the stock rims I only needed about 1/2" spacers to make it work, but couldn't find anything smaller than 1" and everyone was out of them. APS had the 1 1/2" HL spacers and they gave me a deal on them so I went with the wider ones.

The rig still fits between the wheel wells (snugly) of my full size truck so it is right at 48" wide now or so. A member who goes by "Sid" had a set of HL 1 1/2" spacers for sale on the swap and sell a while ago for about 1/2 price too.

6-ply Swamp Witch tires on my rig if you were wondering. 10's in front, 12's in rear and quite a bit cheaper than Laws and Zillas.
    AKmud

Default Interesting

AkMud, you are right, you do have a lot of room between the tires and the struts. How tall are the lugs on those tires?

Default Depends on tire height

I had to stay with 25" tires because I am running them on a 6x6 and didn't think 26's would clear in the rear (too close together). The 25" tires are a 11/16ths tread but if you go up to the 26+ they jump up to 1 1/8" lugs. I've been pretty impressed with them overall. I have about 300 miles on them so far and they still look new.
    AKmud

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    What size laws do you want? I know a guy in Chugiak that has some 28's he'd sell for pretty cheap. I think he still has them. His handle here is silvertipgriz and he is a mod over at www.atvfrontier.com in the Yamaha forum.
    Did shane move to chugiak? This is curt, I am the one that traded him the outlaws for his 589's about 2 yrs ago.

Hi Curt. Yup he did. He's a good friend of mine and my hunting partner. He went with some 29.5 outlaws for a while and now has the Outlaw MST's. He got away from a pure mud tire.

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Polaris Front End

Hey AkMud, you have a lot of clearance on that front end between the tires and the struts. Do you have any problem in the ruts. By this I mean does being a lot wider than standard make the front end want to ride in and out of the other ATV ruts. On a 6x6 it might not be so bad as the rear 4 would lock into the ruts and hold you there. On a 4x4 it would seem that the front end would be jumping back and forth?

In ruts you want an ATV that is just a tad wider than your typical stock atv that you see on the trails. The reason being is the tires will grab a fresh bite to help pull you through the ruts. WIthout that your as good as high centered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast