Thread: My new quiver

Default My new quiver

So as I was getting ready for my haul road trip I decided to make a "cat quiver" style back pack quiver. The original costs well over $100 and has a smaller pack. I used mostly scrap but even buying everything new I figure one could be made for around $20-$30.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

man must be nice....

middle of the day and still in your Pj's
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

OK getting crap about my PJ's on more than one site. Yes I love my PJ's I do not wear them to the store or a restaurant though! The photo's were taken after we put Gunther to bed. I wanted a few pics so I could share my new quiver with you folks.

Be nice and I'll share the biuld along pics as well.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I like too shoot in PJ's too!
    BHA Member

Default nice

would love to see the how to pics always like saving money.

I'll do my best to get the pic's organized and posted tomarow. Tracy is off tonight..............I have better things to do
    BHA Member

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Photos to come of the Jammie jammer hand made quivers!!!

Alaska's newst line of self inovative ideas....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Nice and good luck

OK to start you'll need a 2x4 piece of 1/4 inch plywood. I laid mine out to allow an inside diameter of 1 3/4. That gives me an overall size of 6x38. The extra length is needed to make the quiver work right, about 8 inches longer than your arrow. Start by ripping 2, 6 inch strips and 4, 1 3/4. Next cut one of the 6 inch strips to length. Now mark the position of the dividers on the back precut 6X38 strip. You should end up with three equally spaced 1 3/4 spaces bordered by four 1/4 inch dividers.

Now turn to your 1 3/4 inch strips. Put a mark at 3 inches from one end and another 18 inches from the other. From this mark to 3/8 from the bottom of the divider draw a 45degree line. Draw another line connecting the ends of the 2 45's, this lays out the cut outs for the dividers. Stack all 4 together and cut along lines with the handiest saw available, I used a band saw.

Cut a 6X3 and a 6x18 piece out of the remaining 6 inch strip, these will be the broad head and fletching covers.
    BHA Member

Next you'll need to glue the dividers in place. They must be absolutely strait! I found gluing a 1/4X1/4 strip along my layout marks very helpful.
    BHA Member

Once the glue has dried you can glue on the broadhead and fletching covers.
    BHA Member

Now you'll have an open ended box. cut ends from the scarps of the 6 inch strips and glue ends in place.

Let the whole thing dry over night sand and apply a base coat of paint or stain.
    BHA Member

Add a darker stain or paint to produce a camo effect. I found keeping it random looking was the toughest part.
    BHA Member

Glue a small canvas bag to the fletching cover and a pad/ shoulder strap to the middle of the back of the box. Cut 1 3/4x 1 3/4 squares of foam and insert into broadhead pocket and your done. I cut up an old swimmers noddle, worked great and cost 0.
    BHA Member

Default well done

you showed that process well. I wish i had the tools to try to make one but maybe the arts and crafts shop on wainwright will have something. Now just have to get back to the wonderful state since deployed right now. Congrats a great looking quiver.

Matt

what is the weight on the finished product?

meet on face book here

Not sure Vince but it is surprisingly light. I don't think it weighs anymore than a carhartt jacket.

I have to do some home maintenance today but I'll try to get it on a scale.
    BHA Member

Total quiver weight including 6X6X18 heavy duty canvas bag, 1 1/2 inch memory foam back pad and shoulder harness system.......... 3 pounds 13 ounces!

Ya, you did pay $159 for the heavier one.
    BHA Member