Thread: Wanted - Updated infor for Valdez

Default Wanted - Updated infor for Valdez

Will travel from FBX to Valdez on Tuesday the 18th and am hoping someone can give me some "fresh" infomation on the silver fishing.
    PM would be OK, but if posted here it will be shared with others who may be interested. Thanks

Default also grateful for new info

would also like to head down 20th or the 27th. only have small inflatable, so would like to stay on valdez side of middle rock. any silvers around gold creek yet? thanks in advance.

...I'll throw my 2 cents in too... can silvers be fished from the Allison Pt. shoreline? Do they come in like the pinks, close to shore?

Quote Originally Posted by spithappens View Post
    ...I'll throw my 2 cents in too... can silvers be fished from the Allison Pt. shoreline? Do they come in like the pinks, close to shore?
    In a "normal" year the silvers show up at Allison Point while there are thousands of dead and dying pinks drifting about. If you toss your lure out there you end up snagging pinks repeatedly, and believe me, there aren't many that are edible. Since the silvers are showing a little later than what I think is normal, maybe most of the pinks will be flushed out by the time the silvers pick up over at Allison Point. But, yes, you can reach them from the shoreline over there.

[Edit: A friend of mine from Valdez told me he's heard that people are catching some silvers near the harbor in Valdez but that the fish seem to be running very deep, like 60 to 80 feet down. I don't know if anyone else has heard the same thing. I've never thought to fish that deep, but maybe I should.....]