Thread: little su

Default little su

i am looking for info on floating the little su, is it doable in a canoe? or even like a 12 foot flat bottom for one guy and some gear? has anyone been there lately? any sightings of brownies or black bear?

Default yeah

i've done it in a canoe.....you could probably do that river in anything that floats....i haven't been down in a few years but seemed from houston to burma it was a couple days if you stopped and fished....i hear the silvers are doin pretty good right now too....if you a boat/canoe you'll be good....a guide buddy of mine said he had seen sign of a couple decent brownies on the way down....blackie sign was abundant as well as moose on the sand bars.....this was in early july when they closed down king season......wish i coudl go with you ...good luck its usually always a fun float
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Still be cautious though, by all accounts it is a good mild float but it still took a good while before they found the bodies of the 2 guys that lost their lives floating it in a canoe last year. FYI no you can't float out into the inlet and paddle back to point McKenzie. I am sure you weren't considering that to begin w/ but if it crosses your mind just eliminate it.

I would not go in anything that you can not turn quickly. That is one crooked river.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default inlet

i dont plan on going out into the inlet but houston to burma i think would be a good run. does anybody run prop motors or all jets, i have access to a little 12 foot flat bottom and a 9.9 honda i am thinking of putting together for the trip

if you run a motor it better be a jet, river has some skinny spots only 2 inches deep
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Default i just left

me and some friends just floated it last week from huston to burma in canoos. i was suprised that at the end the gps said we floated 43 miles. it took all of 3 days stopping to fish al lot and camping sortof early. we where catching mostly reds that where just that red. the silvers where in but the river was high so bring some weights or try drifting eggs.

Default upstream of Parks

Is there a place to park and launch upstream of the Parks Hwy? what are the chances of seeing a legal moose on the drift to the Hwy? How much private land on that section? Would it be better to go from the Parks Hwy to Burma? And is Burma marked or do you have to have a GPS?

Sorry so many questions. My buddy was asking me these things(he doesn't have internet-go figure) and I'm not familiar with the Little Su except driving over it on the Hwy.

Thanks in advance.
    Tom

go in through Millers Reach rd (before you cross the river on the Parks Hwy). You can not miss Burma Landing, because it's the only boat launch on the entire river and you will see the parking lot as well. KGB road leads to Pt. McKenzie rd which leads to the Little Su (Burma Landing) campground, boat launch, fee station. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog-11 View Post
    go in through Millers Reach rd (before you cross the river on the Parks Hwy). You can not miss Burma Landing, because it's the only boat launch on the entire river and you will see the parking lot as well. KGB road leads to Pt. McKenzie rd which leads to the Little Su (Burma Landing) campground, boat launch, fee station. Have fun.
    Thank you for the info.

Just did that exact float trip last week, PM if you want some information