Thread: Gone in 50 minutes!

Default Gone in 50 minutes!

I poached a whole side of one those Kodiak silver salmon that I brought home in September this weekend. It was served at my illustrator's annual art party down here in Florida. A white cucumber sauce covered the presentation and it was served cold. I spread snow crab claws around it for color, and graced it with sprigs of raw dill weed.

Since the holiday season is upon us, I just wanted to add that this is an excellent treat that can be prepared ahead of time with minimal effort.

The leftover sauce (I deliberately made too much) will be added to a sweet and sour brine that will be used in pickling raw salmon pieces from the other side of that same fish.

Well, that silver is history. I figure our readers needed a little something light-hearted because lately some of threads have gone so deep I feel like I am sinking...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

Unhappy Getting deeper. . .

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAuthor View Post
    . . . lately some of threads have gone so deep I feel like I am sinking...
    Whooee . . . get out your chest waders before checking the threads today. . .

Default Wading through it...

I cannot keep pace with you guys!

I read everything, am impressed with the collated research that backs opinion, and admire errudite thought. Lots of intellect is cast out on those threads. I could not imagine any other fishing forum being able to handle it so well.

Things have changed so much since that day of long ago when I hung over a dock and caught my first bluegill on a string and saftey pin with a piece of leftover sandwich...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com