Thread: Montague-ducks?

Default Montague-ducks?

My buddy and I are deer & (incidental) bear hunting on Montague mid-October. A guy at work said a few years ago he was on the Green Island side (early or mid-September) and slayed the sea ducks. We're hunting around Beach River on the southeast side. Should we bring a shotgun or two, or is it not worth the weight?

For the record, I haven't EVER duck hunted but my partner grew up duck hunting and fairly recently began big game hunting.

Thanks,
    Tim

Default ducks

Forget it... I have hunted several plces on Montague over the years and especially never saw any ducks in the Beach River area. Earlier in the year I used to see a few geese in the area where your informant hunted, but not ducks.

Default Ducks on Montague

I've never hunted that particular area - but on a deer hunt on Montague in 2007, i saw more ducks and geese than anything else. We were wishing for shotguns. The best thing - you could tell they hadn't been hunted. The geese would let us walk within 40 yards of them and they would just walk away. We saw hundreds of mallards and others puddlers as well.

Good luck.