Thread: Campbell Creek isnt hopeless without bait after all

Default Campbell Creek isnt hopeless without bait after all

so today im in anchorage, decide to make a few casts at campbell creek at the dimond bridge....father and son fishing said they hadnt seen any....3rd cast with a #3 orange and bronze vibrax produced a fat dime bright hen! sweet! this is for the people who are whining that you cant catch silvers in campbell without eggs...will post pic later.

Default CC

Got some flossin! Little dirty this AM but cleared up.

yes it did clear up pretty quick considering the amount of rain we've had lately.... i was pretty sure it would be muddy as hell but thought id try it anyway... glad i did.

Where are you allowed to fish on the Campbell creek anyways> I have never fished on it before so im not even sure what i can fish for, where I can clean the fish. or any details like that since you guys have been there can you lend me a few tips ?

--Chris
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

there is no rule concerning where to clean your fish, and i dont think there are any cleaning tables. campbell creek is open to silver fishing from the dimond bridge upstream to just past new seward highway until october 1st i think. easy access points and some of the better fishing holes are anywhere along the campbell creek bike trail. behind peanut farm, the dowling road bridge, arctic blvd and dimond, and taku lake park. by the time they get up past arctic they can be really spooky.

also, at the dimond blvd bridge and the arctic and dimond fishing hole, there are boardwalks for easier fishing. a good way to get silvers right now is fish either of these places at first light with a smaller size, darker colored spinner, or drift beads/ corkies. you should have no problem getting your limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    by the time they get up past arctic they can be really spooky.
    Spooky? what do you mean by that?

I was thinking could ride my bike down to Folker St. (Near lake Otis) rather high up on the creek when you compare it to the Taku area. Are the Silvers spawned out by that point? I would like to catch a fairly fresh Silver, I hear that they are better when they are right out of the salt. But There is a chance they would still be good by the time they pass lake otis right?

--Chris
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

That's great! I haven't gotten anything yet on CC, but I have not been fishing in those areas. That must be my problem I've been walking the creek from the Arctic bridge to Minnesota, but avoiding the platform areas as I'm not wanting to be around any people. Hmmmm, maybe I'll need to get used to having people around in order to eat

That run is so small with that much pressure it should be fished soon. Give it a couple years and a few more people posting about it and it will turn into ship creek with hundreds of people.

they stock it with silvers every year, just like ship creek, bird creek, and every other creek in the area. if they didnt, none of those creeks would have a decent run....and for your information, campbell creek has one of the larger runs in the area, with an average of 4500-5000 silvers returning every year. do a little research before you gripe. this is what this forum is here for.

Default silvers in campbell

i have been fishing silvers in campbell my entire life and really bright obnoxious flies and pink green and orange vibrax/meps.