Thread: bullet problem

Default bullet problem

Im making up a load for my 30/06 and When I went to take a loaded round out it was stuck and pulled the brass from the bullet and make a mess with the power that was in the round. Here is the thing I loaded 20 rounds and I didn't have a problem with any other ones? Any idea what I did wrong.

Is there a broken case neck in your chamber?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default bullet pulled

It could be that for some reason, that bullet was seated farther out then it was supposed to be and jammed into the rifling. If neck tension isn't high, it could happen. Were you testing to make sure the loads chambered properly? If so, good idea...

Are you saying that the bullet is lodged in the reloading die after having reloaded 20 or so cartridges?

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    Im making up a load for my 30/06 and When I went to take a loaded round out it was stuck and pulled the brass from the bullet and make a mess with the power that was in the round. Here is the thing I loaded 20 rounds and I didn't have a problem with any other ones? Any idea what I did wrong.
    Let me see if I have this correct. You chambered a round you loaded and when extracting it, the bullet stayed in the barrel and the case came out spilling the powder in the action.

IF...that's what happened. You are jamming the bullet into the rifling, so much so that it pushed the bullet into the case and stuck the bullet at the rifling. Your seating depth is too long and the neck tension, at least for this one round, is too light. If you cycled 19 through with out mishap, recheck the seating depth to see if they are pushed into the case.

Are you full length resizing? What dies are you using? Have you loaded this caliber before? What bullet are you using? Are you following all good case prep steps, trim to length, chamfer the mouth? Is the stuck bullet .308" caliber?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Let me see if I have this correct. You chambered a round you loaded and when extracting it, the bullet stayed in the barrel and the case came out spilling the powder in the action.

IF...that's what happened. You are jamming the bullet into the rifling, so much so that it pushed the bullet into the case and stuck the bullet at the rifling. Your seating depth is too long and the neck tension, at least for this one round, is too light. If you cycled 19 through with out mishap, recheck the seating depth to see if they are pushed into the case.

Are you full length resizing? What dies are you using? Have you loaded this caliber before? What bullet are you using? Are you following all good case prep steps, trim to length, chamfer the mouth? Is the stuck bullet .308" caliber?
    I am doing a full length resizing. Im using a RCBS die. No I have not reloaded the caliber before. I'm using a 180 grain Accubond. I my knowledge Im doing all the right steps for reloading. The buller came from the 180 grain accubond box. In less it got mixed up at the factory it is a .308 caliber. I'm new to the reloading, but Im very careful when I make the round. I loaded up some more last night and I checked all of my rounds and they are all with in .003 or each other. There was nothing stuck in the chamber. I took the stock off and cleaned everything out with compressed air to get all of the power out.