Thread: 12 mile road Delta

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

Default 12 mile road Delta

We are going to Delta area September for a Moose hunt. I heard about 12 mile road. I cant find it on the map. Is it on the military instillation? Where is it? Vince, you know?
    PH

I've lived here since 1964, and have never heard of a 12 mile road. ( might be something that has come up recently, could'nt say.)

There is such a thing here we call the 33 mile loop and it takes off from the Alaska Hwy. and goes over by the Donnelly area, I think you can hook up with the coal mine road with a little rough riding. Some of it is on military land and it would be wise to call them and see whats off limints as they seem to have there excersise's about the time moose season starts,(for some reason.) Look up Morning Star Mine, its an old mine on the trail, and that was the org. name of the trail if I remember correctly. I usually hunt the rivers around here, so some of the 4-wheeler crowd can give you some better info.

Hey if it keeps you off the river I'll give you all the info you want.

Just Kidding, jezzzzzzz ( that was for you guys that will attacked me for that remark )

Good Luck hunting.

Twelve Mile Crossing is South of Delta 12 miles, I'd guess that's what they meant.

Thanks Vern, That I have heard of.

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

Thanks for the help. I found it.

12 mile crossing has to be what you are looking for. If the water is low getting across it on an atv is very easy but once the water comes up it can be a fun time!