Thread: Seen The New Mathews

Default Seen The New Mathews

And I,m sticking too my Lx..Not all the excited about any one of the new bows..

What is it called and looks like?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Drenalin

The new hunting bow they came out with is called the Drenalin. Its supposed to be lighter and faster than the Switchback XT. I guess I'll be waiting a couple of years for this one. I just got my XT this year and I think the old lady would kill me if I upraded already. Here is a link to it.
    http://www.mathewsinc.com/mathews-bo...1387.asp#specs

Saw the spec's and I don't like the brace height @7.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs down Shot the Drenalin...

I made it down to the archery shop last weekend. I've been lookin to get my hands on an XT as it just fits me so well. While I was shooting, they were fine tuning the new Drenalin. I took a few pokes with it. They can keep it, as far as I am concerned. Not nearly as smooth as the XT. Loud as one of my old Martin bows. They claim it's more forgiving, I don't know about all of that. But the son of a gun is fast! They ran some arrows through a chrono and it was very comparable to the XT with the lighter arrows, but the Drenlin was slingin the snot out of the heavier (400+) arrows! Upwards of 75 fps faster! While all that speed is just fine and dandy, I've killed deer with slow arrows. Shoot, you could park a bus in the amount of time it took for my arrow to reach the target with my first 35lb Martin!! For those of you upping your wager and trading in your XT, you now know a guy who is looking for one!

I don't know what the XT brace height is but I can say It couldn't be less then 7 like the Drenalin. So how it's more giving I don't know. Usally it it's 8' and above the bow is forgiving. 7' brace the is going to be fast.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BucknRut View Post
    I made it down to the archery shop last weekend. I've been lookin to get my hands on an XT as it just fits me so well. While I was shooting, they were fine tuning the new Drenalin. I took a few pokes with it. They can keep it, as far as I am concerned. Not nearly as smooth as the XT. Loud as one of my old Martin bows. They claim it's more forgiving, I don't know about all of that. But the son of a gun is fast! They ran some arrows through a chrono and it was very comparable to the XT with the lighter arrows, but the Drenlin was slingin the snot out of the heavier (400+) arrows! Upwards of 75 fps faster! While all that speed is just fine and dandy, I've killed deer with slow arrows. Shoot, you could park a bus in the amount of time it took for my arrow to reach the target with my first 35lb Martin!! For those of you upping your wager and trading in your XT, you now know a guy who is looking for one!

I never did get in too the speed crap..I could care less..320 fps is fast but you need to aim in order to hit some thing..Five fps faster then the Lx ..Big deal ..Some archers are not Happy if they cant saw down an oak tree cut a cord of wood and fine the arrow with a back hoe

speed does not kill accuary does!!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

the only thing i dont like about my recurve is its harder to hold open waiting for a good shot. then again, i dont own a compound. granted, im a bit more accurate with a wheel bow than with the recurve. but oh well.