Thread: Salwater the 3rd week of september

Default Salwater the 3rd week of september

So a couple of friends who are guides from the Tampa Bay area will be at fishaplooza the 3rd week of september. They are looking for a Butt trip out of Homer or one out of seward and maybe some rock fish too.

I dont know much about those areas at that time of the year. Brian (akareddfishbrian on here) is interested an trying one if it is worth the time. so any info you guys got he will be reading and this and trying to figure it out. I will have him floating for 4 or 5 days so he is looking at the salt not a river.

Thanks Guys and Gals
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Not a whole lot of boats operating then as a lot of them are doing bear hunts. I went out in 2003 at that time but can't remember the name of the boat. We had decent weather and managed to get out quite a ways to a decent hole filled with 25#-35#fish. Weather is really sketchy then. We were the boat able to get out to the good spot in 2 weeks. The boat was a Cat that ran 30kts. We got to the fish in a hurry.

I think we should take them steelhead fishing instead.

Anchor River sounding good. Water permitting. If it is not blowing up I agree.

Don't know about the 3rd week in Sept. Last fall I went out with Profish-n-Sea in the 2nd week of Sept out of Seward and did well on butts and lings but I think they were getting close to shutting down?. Worth a phone call to them. Great guys and know where the fish are.

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Don't know about the 3rd week in Sept. Last fall I went out with Profish-n-Sea in the 2nd week of Sept out of Seward and did well on butts and lings but I think they were getting close to shutting down?. Worth a phone call to them. Great guys and know where the fish are.

Thanks for the tip bush. Ill make sure brian gives them a call

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

IF not ... call Alaska Trophy charters out of Ninilchick... Tell Kaite i sent you...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Chuck,
    If Profish-n-sea is still running, I would highly suggest them. Steve is a great guy and his boats always seem to do well.

Thanks CMO. Brian will be reading this and Im sure he will be checking in with them.