Thread: Kenai lake to the Moose

Default Kenai lake to the Moose

Just floated from Kenai Lake to the Moose River on a three day trip, water was high making the Canyon and Nap-Town exciting. Even managed to catch a few of these pigs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice fat piggies for sure. I bet the higher water made it quite fun.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Sweeeeeet!!!!
    More PICs please!!!!!

Stopped by Trout fitters for the bead of the day and caught a nice leopard rainbow in a little swirl on the corner past the power line, never tapped it but looked like 6 pounds what a nice way to start the trip off. Chuck I was planning on swinging in from the river side for a night of festivity next week was looking for a place to tie the boat up when we went by the camp ground there looked to be a few spots, but I have never walk in from the river do you think you could hang a flag or mark for me would hate to float on by.

Quote Originally Posted by fishook View Post
    Stopped by Trout fitters for the bead of the day and caught a nice leopard rainbow in a little swirl on the corner past the power line, never tapped it but looked like 6 pounds what a nice way to start the trip off. Chuck I was planning on swinging in from the river side for a night of festivity next week was looking for a place to tie the boat up when we went by the camp ground there looked to be a few spots, but I have never walk in from the river do you think you could hang a flag or mark for me would hate to float on by.

Nice fish. Im gonna be floating next saturday with the wife. We are in Rainbow trout campground 55. We should be hitting the water around 9am or so on saturday from sportsmans. Plan on full day floating the back channel around mile 57 and also the cuervo channel aka the channel that pops out just above jims.

That corner just past the hard right on powerline has produced more than one fish in its life. June and I have caught many on the drift just above all the way down through it including the drift where the channel mates up with the kenai. Lots of fishes laying in there.

Ill be in my blue cat on the water just look for june up front standing on the platform catching fish or swing by camp friday night or saturday night and say hello. She and I need a good time on the water away from everything that is going on with both of our moms not doing well and her father ill too. We need some serious river time

Everyone knows Thereís lots of these guys running around the upper river so be bear smart & fallow the rules,,,, even thou sometimes thatís not even enough if you where to ask Greg Brush. Those big guys will sneak up on ya.

Guardrail corner brownie. There is always one or two running around there

As high as the water is, it sure does look nice and clear. Great Bows! There is something about the hook set on a really big bow.

The water was in good shape till we got below the lower Killey River then it darken up, here are a couple more nice fish pics.

last two, good luck on the water eveyone