Thread: 460 Rowland

Default 460 Rowland

Anybody ever heard of or seen a 460 Rowland conversion on a Sig 220? I really want the Rowland, but I've got professional reasons to avoid the 1911-style guns, and Glocks don't fit me. I guess I could go with a CZ-75 platform if necessary, but I really, really like my Sig 220. Any other options for a conversion on a weapons system that doesn't require a safety that is "down" to fire?

Default WWG... once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    Anybody ever heard of or seen a 460 Rowland conversion on a Sig 220? I really want the Rowland, but I've got professional reasons to avoid the 1911-style guns, and Glocks don't fit me. I guess I could go with a CZ-75 platform if necessary, but I really, really like my Sig 220. Any other options for a conversion on a weapons system that doesn't require a safety that is "down" to fire?
    WWG is customizing M&P .45's and XD 45's, I'm not sure if they'd do a Sig or not...

I have the xd 45 tactical 5" barrel. I love the thing its awesome. Wild West Guns did a professional job with a very short turn around. Its a little more peppy than the 45 acp but very manageable. The accuracy is superb.

Primarily it would be for my wife to carry when she's berry picking. Right now she's totin' my S&W 1006, and frequently complaining about the weight tugging on her belt. I've got a Sig 220 that she likes to shoot and it's just over half the weight of the 1006, so I was hopeful I could get it converted. She asked to carry my 2.75" S&W 500 once, before she actually watched me shoot it. I'm 6'5" and 230lbs. She's 5'3" and 115lbs. She hasn't asked since

Maybe this is the way to get a new gun...

What about a shoulder rig for her to help keep the britches up when packing the 1006? Or if itís just for her and she can handle a 10mm why not get her lighter striker fired Tupperware 10mm. Not as fun as playing with a new round but practical nun the less.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

If you'd like, we could get together and you could try out my M&P that they converted over at WWG... see if its what you think it is before you spring the cash...

Primarily it would be for my wife to carry when she's berry picking. Right now she's totin' my S&W 1006, and frequently complaining about the weight tugging on her belt. I've got a Sig 220 that she likes to shoot and it's just over half the weight of the 1006, so I was hopeful I could get it converted. She asked to carry my 2.75" S&W 500 once, before she actually watched me shoot it. I'm 6'5" and 230lbs. She's 5'3" and 115lbs. She hasn't asked since

Maybe this is the way to get a new gun...

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    What about a shoulder rig for her to help keep the britches up when packing the 1006? Or if itís just for her and she can handle a 10mm why not get her lighter striker fired Tupperware 10mm. Not as fun as playing with a new round but practical nun the less.
    You might be on to something. The shoulder holster is the most practical fix, even though the Smith is a wee-bit large for her hands. I think my biggest hang-up with buying her a Glock is that they just don't fit me at all. I know it's not about me, but it pains me to have a gun in the house that's not comfortable for me to shoot. Maybe I'll let her play with one and see if she likes it. Wonder how much Robar is charging these days for a grip reconfigure?

Chriso: Thanks for the generous offer. After serious consideration and a look at the price of Rowland ammo/reloads versus the checkbook, I've pretty much decided I need to stay with a mainstream caliber for now.

You might be on to something. The shoulder holster is the most practical fix, even though the Smith is a wee-bit large for her hands. I think my biggest hang-up with buying her a Glock is that they just don't fit me at all. I know it's not about me, but it pains me to have a gun in the house that's not comfortable for me to shoot. Maybe I'll let her play with one and see if she likes it. Wonder how much Robar is charging these days for a grip reconfigure?

Chriso: Thanks for the generous offer. After serious consideration and a look at the price of Rowland ammo/reloads versus the checkbook, I've pretty much decided I need to stay with a mainstream caliber for now.
    No problem... we should still get together and have you shoot it just for general principles seeing as how you you were wondering...