Thread: CPAP in the field

Default CPAP in the field

I am looking to buy a CPAP that is battery operated to use when I hunt and fish - anyone have any reccomendations? thanks in advance

Central Illinois

Default Try this

I have mild apnea - cpap dry's my sinus' out so bad I hate to use it.
    I found about 15 years ago that if I put 1 stick of gum in my mouth right before bed it seems to help a lot. Haven't ever choked on it but did once find it stuck to my pillow. Anyway you might give it a try and see what happens...
    Good luck

I had a surgery that did away with the apnea and I have no need for a CPAP machine.
    Best thing that I have ever done, my life does not count on having access to a machine to help me sleep or breathe. Ask your ENT about the UP3.

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

Here comes the calvary!!!
    Take your machine to Radio Shack. THey have an adapter that plugs into your CPAP machine with cables that clamp onto a car battery. The set up comes with two adapters, one for the car cigarette lighter and the other, as I explained, that clamps onto a car battery that you can take into camp with you. I would recommend a deep cycle marine battery vs. a car battery...longer lasting. Not recommended for sheep hunting... how much does a marine battery weigh???

Another cheaper idea, sew a tennis ball into the back of a sleeping shirt. This will keep you off your back. Now this you can pack into a sheep hunt!

DISCLAIMER, not giving out medical advice, just one son of a gun's advice to another!
    Luck, PH