Thread: Cabela's Rain Suede Rain Gear

Default Cabela's Rain Suede Rain Gear

Has anyone tried this?? SInce we are obviously gonna get saturated this hunting season, I figured it was time for something other than my HH's as they are not very quiet.....looking to be quiet yet dry

Try asking this in the Outdoor Gear forum, lots of knowledgeable folks there.

Default Cabelas clothing

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Has anyone tried this?? SInce we are obviously gonna get saturated this hunting season, I figured it was time for something other than my HH's as they are not very quiet.....looking to be quiet yet dry

Bought this in bib and jacket last year.
    Wore it in Kansas during a duck hunting rain and snow storm
    wet on the outside and completely dry on the inside. Amazing.

Wore it a couple of weeks ago in Seward Silver fishing and the rain
    was going side ways with a howling wind and the rain sneaked up
    the arm that was holding the rod. Otherwise, stayed dry.

Would by the long jacket rather than the short jacket because
    when you lean over, well you know what gets wet.

How quiet does this seem to be? It is advertised as being as "quiet as old fashioned fleece", yet alot of "quiet" fabrics can actually be pretty noisy

i have the rain suade evolution in seclusion 3D and I love it, very quiet and comfy, make sure you get a size large enough (for layers underneath) also got the scent lock-cant hurt.

Default My opinion

Works well for a couple seasons, then not so waterproof. The fabric is quiet, but gets very stiff when temps are cold, ie....mornings and evenings in moose camp.
    BK

I love the Cabelaís catalog (no, they donít sponsor our show).

I donít know about the coat but I absolutely enjoy the convenience, product and price these types of catalogs provide Alaskanís especially when the local selection is often limited and or overpriced. Between catalogs and the internet you can buy just about anything without ever leaving your home. Except to hunt of course!
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Here in Southeast, I love my Cabelas MT050. It is rain suede with a mesh inside so it is quiet and you don't get damp from sweat like the one with the nylon liner. I just junt with the pants and jacket and thermals. No thermals and a shirt or flece plants, just thermal long underware. I can hike all the way up a mountain with our 100% humidity and stay dry and comfortable and not get wet from the inside.

Sobie2

I wore a set for 3 years hunting. One moose season spent 7 days in POURING rain out on the Kuskokwim and the gear performed magnificently. I would buy another set in a second, if I didn't live in stupid Georgia now.

I have had the jacket for two seasons, hunted real hard in it in almost constant wet conditions, and had to wash it a few times cause of moose blood. Its seems like it starts to lose its water proofness in the high impact areas(elbows, shoulder-gun sling area) after a few washes. Sprayed some waterproofer agent and seems to be ok. I know that walking though the woods with my dad who wears his HH's, it sounds like he's a tank compared to me. Definitley get the longs, i got wet on my back the first season with regulars, but i got the bibs this year and it didn't matter. You'll love the hood on this jacket, it has a small bill that keeps the rain off your face. It was a good buy all in all.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Default Quiet Stuff

I have a pair of the bibs and they are super quiet. The high abrasive areas (knees, seat) seemed to seep water through after some serious wear, but nothing bad. I'll treat them and they'll probably be good to go. They were really quiet for me down to around 15 degrees above during a moose hunt. They also make a really comfortable pillow cover for camp with the soft material.

I've been happy with my jacket, and it is quiet. It is also packable and stuffs into its own pocket which is nice for space savings. The one thing it lacks for me are pit-zips for venting; I tend to always run hot regardless of how 'breathable' a coat is. I was going to get the MT50 but saved some cash and overall I'm pretty happy with the coat.

I just bought the MT050 bibs and jacket and the first day I used it two of the snaps pulled off the zipper flaps. Sent them back and now looking for a better suit.