Thread: Inboard Jet Boats

Smile Inboard Jet Boats

I've seen other posts regarding thismatter but I thought I'd start a new one. I have a 2008 21' Customweld Storm Inboard jet boat with the 5.7 V8 Kodiak engine and American Turbine 312 jet pump. I live in Vancouver, WA and fish and boat the Columbia river alot. My wife and I were vacationing Alaska a couple months and just feel in love with the state and want to move up there,( upon me getting a job). My concern is, is it worth me keeping this boat for up there? Are there several rivers and bodies of water that I will be able to take this kind of boat out on and fish from? Or sgould I sell this boat down here before I move and buy a more suitable boat for up there? I know jet boat aren't as suitable for bay and ocean fishing as an outboard prop is, and I've that the Kenai River for instance only allows boats 35hp and under.

Thanks for help!!!!!!

Thumbs up

There are plenty of areas you will be able to use your boat in up here! The majority of the rivers can be run in your boat without any issues and the Kenai is the only river with a horsepower restriction. A lot of us also take our jets out in the ocean and play around there as well. Bring it up and have some fun, welcome to Alaska!

Smile

OK GREAT!!!!!!! I'll do that then. Are there any clubs/organizations that a guy could join so he gets to know the rivers better and help conserve all the resources etc etc?

Thanks for the reply

Bring it up!! You will have a good time. Clubs or organization......HMMMMM no not really. Forum run's happen Once in a great while.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

I don't know of any clubs, but theres plenty of guys here willing to take you out and give some pointers for running shallower water.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Smile

COOL!!!!! I'll bring it up and let you all know when I'm there.

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!