Thread: Illuminated scopes

Default Illuminated scopes

I'm picking up my new .375 Ruger tomorrow. I'm considering putting a scope with an illuminated reticle on it.

The scopes I'm considering at this point are the:

Leupold 1.5-5x20 Illuminated 30mm

Trijicon 1-4x24 red triangle post

Swarovski Z6i 1.5-6x24

What are your oppinions on these scopes from owning or handling them? How does the Trijicon glass compare to the Leupold and Swarovski? I've had fits getting my hands on the Leupold and Swarovski, so if someone doesn't mind I'd love to see them in person if they're willing and have one.

Brett

LEUPOLD

Jason

Default Consider adding to your list of considerations

Brett,

Suggest you take a hard look at the Schmidt and Bender 1.5 to 6 by 42 (30mm). Comes with and with out illuminated recticle.

This high end German glass was originally made to hunt lions at night. I have this scope (illuminated recticle) on a 358 Norma rifle and consider this outfit to be fantastic.
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

If I needed illuminated reticle glass I would go with S&B. I would take the Trijicon scope over Leupold or Swaro. Battery life is a real issue with the other units and they do not have the same track record backed by down range experience with the ACOG that Trijicon has.

Not trying to be argumentive, but what is the advantage or the theory of the illuminated reticle........? Is the Nightforce IR worth considering......?

Not much. Mostly evening/low light hunting. I think I've decided against it. For a leopard they can be hand, but not a must if you have really good glass. I also thoung it would make for lightning fast aquisition.

Brett