Thread: little su 8/14/09 anyone?

Default little su 8/14/09 anyone?

I'm looking for other people to float the little su with on Friday 8.14.09 or Saturday 8.15.09. I'm interested in paddling a day trip on any section close to the KGB boat launch/ Wasilla area. I was there today and the river is very calm, with very little boat traffic. The silvers are in and I would love to find some good holes and get our limit.

I've got a OT Penobscot 16 and a fair amount of paddling experience, and an Xterra pulling a 2 place 4wheeler trailer to strap other canoes to.

Anyone else with nothing better to do? Let's go canoein' & fishin'!

Unfortunately I can't go this weekend, but I would love to do a similar trip at some point. Are you planning to paddle up river one way? Let us know how it goes!

Travis

Well, the weather looks pretty nasty today anyway... Maybe another weekend.

I was planning on doing a point A to point B float with a 2nd car dropped off at the finish.

I think I'll use today to check the zero on my moose rifle in stead.

Default I am up for a trip

I have access to a scanoe, and live on KGB.
    The only put-ins that I know are the Parks Hwy access and Burma Landing. I did float that one several years ago. It might be a bit long for a "day" trip. I would think an overnighter would work better.
    If there are any other access points that would make it shorter, someone please shout it out.
    I do remember that there was some great fishing along the way, with very little traffic along the way.

AK Chappy