I am distraught and need your help. Today I had to cancel my trip to Alaska which was scheduled to start on Saturday. I had been planning this trip since last year. This was a do it yourself trip with car travel and camping. I was going to hit the end of the red run on the Russian and then try to get some silvers on the Kenai Peninsula and Parks Highway streams. I have fished those areas before and am somewhat familiar with them. I would be fishing with both spinning and fly gear.
Now my options are to try to squeeze the trip in for the second or third week of September, or wait until next August. What should I do? I have never considered fishing Alaska that late in the season before. What will I find at that time and where should I go? Any advice from Alaskans or fellow travelers is greatly appreciated as I need to make this decision ASAP.