Thread: Where to Buy Factory Loads?

Question Where to Buy Factory Loads?

i am in anchorage and have been searching without success for what used to be common Remington Core-Lokt factory loads in .300 win mag 180 gr (the common green and yellow box of 20 cartridges)...anyone know where in ANC a guy can find some right now at a reasonable price? i bought a used rifle a few months ago and am itching to sight it in. fortunately, i have no hunts planned with this rifle this year, so i have time.

PM me if you prefer, but thanks in advance!

Wal-Mart and Fred Meyer's are usually the first stop when I'm looking for non-premium ammo in a popular caliber.

as has been said Fred's or Wally World but I also look at Sportsmen's Warehouse
    and remember all three brands have more than one store so I'd look em up and call each store before I gave up
    Last edited by akdaddoo; 09-02-2009 at 01:46. Reason: spelling

Default ordering ammo

I deal a lot with Graff&Sons. They pay for part of the shipping too. Another is Wholesale hunter. I had a friend go in with a case of 10 boxes prices are good and shipping not bad. Both carry Hornady. Federal, Winchester and Laupa. Also some off brands. I shoot either Federal or Hornady.These can be done on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    i am in anchorage and have been searching without success for what used to be common Remington Core-Lokt factory loads in .300 win mag 180 gr (the common green and yellow box of 20 cartridges)...anyone know where in ANC a guy can find some right now at a reasonable price? i bought a used rifle a few months ago and am itching to sight it in. fortunately, i have no hunts planned with this rifle this year, so i have time.

PM me if you prefer, but thanks in advance!
    Normally, if you have a week to wait, I would say try Midway, but they are out of that one: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=196506 (says expected back in stock in late October).

These are only a little more expensive, but still pretty cheap, and I have found them very accurate: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=314761

These are mucho el cheapo, but I don't know anything about them: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=282745

I was limiting my comments to 180-gr stuff based on your question.

Lately for convenience, I've been ordering my ammo in the mail. My wife always laughs when she gets home and finds a box marked" Dangerous!; Explosives!" on the porch.

Yep, mailing three boxes of ammo to Alaska

Berto if you call me, I will swallow my gorge and call the local distrib to see if they have any. Be prepared to pay inflated prices though

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaHogHunter View Post
    I deal a lot with Graff&Sons. They pay for part of the shipping too.
    Not to Alaska they don't. They will FedEx it at buyer’s expense.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona