Thread: DM773 - Delta River Any Bull Tag ?'s

Question DM773 - Delta River Any Bull Tag ?'s

Hello,

My wife just found out she drew a DM-773 tag, which is an 'any bull' tag for the area west of the Delta River (west of Donnely, Delta Junction, etc.), North of the Black Rapids Glacier, south of the Tanana River and on the west by Delta Creek.

This is a tag that we applied for last fall (when they delayed the drawing for 20A tags) and we were planning on floating the Delta River if she drew the tag. Since applying for this tag, my wife gave birth to a beautiful little baby girl. As wonderful as our new baby is, she has thrown a wrench into our plans to float the Delta. We've had our baby out on several one-day floats this summer, but I think trying to plan a multiple day float/hunt will be a little too much for everybody involved. So, we are trying to come up with a "Plan B" and try to salvage this tag. Since the open area starts on the west bank of the Delta, we have to cross the river to hunt. The only idea I have come up with thus far is to ferry across the river and set up our arctic oven for a few days, then ferry momma and baby (and hopefully a moose) back across the river to the truck. This plan doesn't involve actually floating the river, just crossing the river to set up a camp. Does anybody have any ideas or advice on this plan or any other plans? Is there any area that may be better to camp/glass/call from or easier to cross, better access to the river, etc. We're planning on going the first week of September.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Sincerely,
    Corn, Mrs. Corn and Baby Corn

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post
    Hello,

My wife just found out she drew a DM-773 tag, which is an 'any bull' tag for the area west of the Delta River (west of Donnely, Delta Junction, etc.), North of the Black Rapids Glacier, south of the Tanana River and on the west by Delta Creek.

This is a tag that we applied for last fall (when they delayed the drawing for 20A tags) and we were planning on floating the Delta River if she drew the tag. Since applying for this tag, my wife gave birth to a beautiful little baby girl. As wonderful as our new baby is, she has thrown a wrench into our plans to float the Delta. We've had our baby out on several one-day floats this summer, but I think trying to plan a multiple day float/hunt will be a little too much for everybody involved. So, we are trying to come up with a "Plan B" and try to salvage this tag. Since the open area starts on the west bank of the Delta, we have to cross the river to hunt. The only idea I have come up with thus far is to ferry across the river and set up our arctic oven for a few days, then ferry momma and baby (and hopefully a moose) back across the river to the truck. This plan doesn't involve actually floating the river, just crossing the river to set up a camp. Does anybody have any ideas or advice on this plan or any other plans? Is there any area that may be better to camp/glass/call from or easier to cross, better access to the river, etc. We're planning on going the first week of September.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Sincerely,
    Corn, Mrs. Corn and Baby Corn

Call Rockskipper./ give him a rear quater for a BOAT ride
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Ha ha, yea I wouldn't mind a ride from Rockskipper, but I have a raft that I can use to cross the river. Anybody else have any ideas or good advice for us??? We're excited to try and fill this tag. It'll be my wife's first moose, if we are successful.