Thread: information needed on moose hunting 14A COW

Question information needed on moose hunting 14A COW

I am looking for information on hunting in the cow moose area 14A hunt 403 starting Aug 20. Area near and around Big Lake. Never been there. I have 4 wheeler atv and meat trailer, raft and motor. looking for good information from someone that hunts there or has in the near past. thanks.

you have basically won a gift certificate to your local grocery store. No one is likely to tell you where good area to hunt this tag are because where there are cows there are bulls and this is arguably the most hunted unit in the state so no one is going to give away their "spot". Go put the effort in drive around and take notes then go to the borough GIS site and check propery ownership. With even a bare minimum of effort and scouting you will have no problem filling this tag. I hunt that area and could have literally filled it nearly every day I was afield last year. You will never ever have an easier to research tag than this one.

Have I got a spot for you uhoh I think my internet connection is failinggggg.

Just kidding I'll send you a pm when I get back from Maui.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

If you only want half of a moose, I'd take you right to a cow......heck, I'd even do all the dirty work and all you'd have to do it pull the trigger.......then you'd know right where to go next time you drew that tag, which just might happen again in your lifetime....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    If you only want half of a moose, I'd take you right to a cow......heck, I'd even do all the dirty work and all you'd have to do it pull the trigger.......then you'd know right where to go next time you drew that tag, which just might happen again in your lifetime....
    x2 I bet I could get that thing filled for you in just a few hours, provided you are a decent shot out to 30 yards or so...