Thread: 200 Optimax Plugs

Default 200 Optimax Plugs

I'm not a mechanic so.....
    Do the plugs on a 200 Optimax foul very often? Is there a need to carry extras? I heard they're spendy...but would rather be safe than sorry.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUX View Post
    I'm not a mechanic so.....
    Do the plugs on a 200 Optimax foul very often? Is there a need to carry extras? I heard they're spendy...but would rather be safe than sorry.
    Thanks.
    I've only got a little under 80 hours on mine with no proublems. I did get an extra set just in case, "Like you said better safe than sorry." Yes they are VERY spendy. You can get a lesser type although I personally felt that if I needed a plug on the river I wished for it to be the same and the actual cost would then not be importent.
    Nappa had the best deal @ $14.69 each, although they had to order them from the lower 48. Type: NGK Laser Iridium Premium IZFR5G stock number 5887

for the most part just change them every 100 hrs or so and you'll be fine...depending on which boat the motor is in you probably wouldn't want to have to change the plugs on the river......kind of a pita to get to...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I asked about plugs and how often I should change them and was told every three years didnt think that sound right. I was also told the are a pain in the butt to change tjm might be calling you come spring for some help