Thread: calcium carbide

Default calcium carbide

Just picked up 300 lbs calcium carbide anyone need any? PM me

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I’ll take some! About 100lbs should do, but… can you wash it in water for me first? I want to make sure it’s good and clean…
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    I’ll take some! About 100lbs should do, but… can you wash it in water for me first? I want to make sure it’s good and clean…
    Ya sure!

Behind the machine shop I worked for was Arizona’s largest welding gas producer, Phoenix Welding Supply. One day the fire department came and evacuated us because of a little mishap over there. They were unloading a flatbed truck load of calcium carbide in 2000 pound cans that they used to make their gas. The forklift knocked one of the cans off the other side of the trailer. The can split wide open when it hit the concrete speeding 2000 pounds the stuff 30 foot in every direction and a big thunder storm was rolling in fast.

They got it cleaned up just before the rain started dumping but the fire department made them build an unloading barn before the next shipment could be unloaded.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Hmmm, lets see now… a Ton of calcium carbide spread out in a 30’ circle with an approaching thunderstorm… I think that would rate about a 9.7 on the Oh-sh$t-o-meter! If you convert that to “pucker factor” I think its enough to swage ½” rebar!

But at least they didn’t have the guy who’s answer to every spilled substance is to “wash er off the parking lot, and inta the ditch” …

So alaskamokaiman, what’s the deal? You lighting your house with carbide lamps? Got yourself a big mining project? Or do you have the worlds biggest carbide cannon?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Its good for fishing those deep holes

Couldn't pass up the deal, played with lots of it when I was a kid. A big cannon would be fun for days with hoar frost covered trees.