Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: caught a poacher!!!

Default caught a poacher!!!

in the meat chicken pen.
    she claimed subsistence, i claimed private property.
    she claimed no closed season, i claimed they were not feral.
    this escalated into an assault, but in the end i let her go with a warning. .
    i confiscated the illegally taken fowl and we are roasting it tonight...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default Dave...

Doode! You needo get checked for bird flu, swine flu, rabies, ghonorrhea, chlaymidia, & Ebola reston...

Wouldn't even CATCHING one of those be a citation. I see some sort of netting in the one pic.
    Appropriate actions would have been preventative. Perhaps the label "poacher" has been appled incorrectly here?
    Interesting tho.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Wouldn't this fall under the DLP rule? Anyone know for sure?

WOW, Homerdave that is impressive.

Default geez, MT....

a little credit here, eh?
    she already got 6 pullets (that was all of them) and 1 meat chicken.
    the pen was freakin' ARMORED with hard goat wire, and COMPLETELY covered with two layers of webbing.. she had the bird by the head through the mesh... with the ensuing chaos she ended up in the pen ... you may notice i am in my robe, this was about 10:30 after we had gotten home from dinner out...
    trust me... heading, plucking and gutting a chicken at 11 o'clock was not in my original game plan.

Dave you did just fine. You granted a pardon to a chicken theif. You took one for the team and were wounded when you could have just shot it and been done with it. WELL DONE!!

Nice post, Dave. I've gotta spread the love before I can hit you with any rep.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default call the troopers MT!!!!

You caught him red (litterally) handed!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    a little credit here, eh?
    she already got 6 pullets (that was all of them) and 1 meat chicken.
    the pen was freakin' ARMORED with hard goat wire, and COMPLETELY covered with two layers of webbing.. she had the bird by the head through the mesh... with the ensuing chaos she ended up in the pen ... you may notice i am in my robe, this was about 10:30 after we had gotten home from dinner out...
    trust me... heading, plucking and gutting a chicken at 11 o'clock was not in my original game plan.
    Sorry Dave, but just not good enough. As the co chair for a seriously GREEN org like ABHA you have to rise above the common man.............haha.
    How did the bird get IN the pen if it's COMPLETELY covered? Federal agents are perusing your post as we speak. An investigation has begun. I'm afraid you may have to resign your position!

Question the "common man"???

perhaps you need to elucidate... i think i am pretty common myself.
    'course someone not as "green" (what the bejeezus does that mean, anyway. ) might have just shot, shoveled, and shut up.....
    anyway, guess i'm not your "ordinary greenie", eh?

Talking Yes!

Nice play Dave!

Default hey MT

louise says to tell you it is all her fault the bird got in the pen ... when she got there it was tangled on the webbing on the outside (with it's talons in a chicken head) and while she was trying to extricate it it flopped around and ended up on the inside trying to get out... while the husky ran around the pen trying to get in and chomp any bird it could reach... did i mention CHAOS!!!!
    guess she will have to resign as secretary too. now where will we find another secretary and co-chair that will not only work for free, but put up with all the flak the positions attract.

Typical Liberal Judges, turn them loose to unleash more crimes on humanity . Your post put a much needed smile on this face today. Thank you.

Default Yikes!

We had a goshawk overfly our chickens a couple of weeks ago. I'm crossing my fingers it ends there. Goshawks are MEAN birds. I was looking at the first photo and thinking "that guy's lucky he didn't get his am ripped off"....then I saw the second photo.

It should be obvious, Dave. A common man wouldn't be a "co-chair". You have set the bar a little higher by your own actions.
    I think a fair comparison would be your trash. If trash should be safely locked away to keep bears out.................fowl should be safely penned away from whatever preds may be around, including the hawks. Heaven forbid a hawk "learn" to prey on domestic fowl. Likely a neighbor also in the fowl biz (hahaha) has been lax in keeping his pen properly maintained and you have a bird, the hawk, who has learned of easy meals. Sorry to say a DLP may be necessary because of your neighbors improper care!!!!!!!! The poor hawk.

Additionally, if your fowl are dumb enough to let a hawk get a hold of them THRU the mesh................well you need some smarter fowl. I think some good ol fashioned 'survival of the fittest" evolution in your chicken breed is in order.

Yes, Louise may also have to resign her position.

Hey, BoG meeting here in Nome this Nov. Surely there must be something important enough in our area to bring an ABHA rep. We are hoping to lengthen a bear season and KILL more bears. Surely your org needs to testify against that!
    Maybe you can kill an Ox while your here.

naw, the only way i'll get to nome for the BOG meeting is if i can come as the representative of the homer AC. that way the state will pick up my airfare and per diem. since so many folks from off the road system use that as a means to get to anchorage maybe it will work the other way too .
    don't think the homer AC has any dogs in fight up your way, though. oh well.
    still would like to get an ox.
    (and i can't think of a single reason you shouldn't have a longer bear season.)

You know they taste just like owl and eagle.And like bear once they moved from salmon to berries or chicken they are tender eaten

Durying his treck west across the lower 48 Meriweather Lewis concidered them delicious. He concidered their meat more tender than pheasant and sweeter than quail. Yes sir he would have eaten that hawk without batting an eye.

Now if that would have caught on it might have gotten the turkey off the hook!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_in_AK View Post
    Wouldn't this fall under the DLP rule? Anyone know for sure?
    I was frightned for him. Wow that was close. Way to show restraint and let the little guy go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast