Thread: Eureka ride

Default Eureka ride

Wife and I and some friends are riding Eureka this Saturday, if you happen to be out there riding stop us and say hey. Will be a group with about 5-6 Hondas and a blue Rhino. We are planning to get across the Little Nel and over to Tyone Creek by the old mining site.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Wife and I and some friends are riding Eureka this Saturday, if you happen to be out there riding stop us and say hey. Will be a group with about 5-6 Hondas and a blue Rhino. We are planning to get across the Little Nel and over to Tyone Creek by the old mining site.
    We did that same run on Sunday, if it's the mining site with all the equipment there? Met the guy that's fixing it up to run again. It was a very fun ride.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Default beautiful area

we went that route a month ago when it was dry and i couldnt believe the one spot that apparently was a temporary grave for a big piece of equipment. It had been retreived but the torn up area was amazing. they must have pulled and pulled from every direction to get whatever it was unstuck. didnt find any fish in the Tyone but a fun trip watching the lightning strike the top of Monument

cant believe the dumb people that shot the heck out of the street signs atop of Monument. Was kind of a neet thing for a while seeing street signs up there all new and clean. Not any more!

Have a great trip, post a pict of some Boo's if any there..