Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Judge is Now worth something

Default The Judge is Now worth something

Based on an idea and model from one of our customers, we give you the Star system Judge

Heres the pattern at 15 yards from the smoothbore extension with integral choke

What size shot is that. Thats much better than any I have shot before but then it wasn't like that one. Will it give a 6" group at 25 yds with 45 colt loads with the extension removed

2 1/2" #6. The gun should shoot 45 colt normally without the extension

I'm impressed. I am probably the last guy in the world to ever endorse any gizmo on the muzzle of any gun but this actually could make this gun useful. What is the deal there does it stop the spin of the shot wad? Something similar to the TC 45 Colt/410 Contender muzzle attachment? The idea of this 45 Colt/2 1/2" 410 shotgun in a handgun, is actually a good one if it can be made to be a useful shotgun. It looks as if you've done it. That 15 yard group is impressive.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I'm impressed. I am probably the last guy in the world to ever endorse any gizmo on the muzzle of any gun but this actually could make this gun useful. What is the deal there does it stop the spin of the shot wad? Something similar to the TC 45 Colt/410 Contender muzzle attachment? The idea of this 45 Colt/2 1/2" 410 shotgun in a handgun, is actually a good one if it can be made to be a useful shotgun. It looks as if you've done it. That 15 yard group is impressive.
    The 3 inchers are even better

It is similar to the TC choke and stops the wad....plus a little finagling inside

I, too, am impressed! Now its a viable sno-go ptarmagin killer. What kind of cabbage is wrapped up in a project like that?

I have not shot one that would give a six inch group at 25 yards is why I asked,couldn't always put five on a paper plate with three diffrent guns but that shot pattern is nice

It is based on the same wad stopper concept that TC used in the hot shot system. Except we machine the wadstopper into the extension, we have also added a jug choke design as well. I shot it both with and without the extension today and the 10yd patterns with the attachment beat the pants off of the patterns from 5yds sans device.

I will let the boss name the price but I will say that it will be reasonable considering time invested in building and installing the critter and it comes with a matching thread protector.

Thumbs down

made in brazil! no thanks!
    Semper Fi!

$200 including extension, threading the barrel, moving the sight and supplying a thread cap

Quite reasonable for your work but tell me is this revolver worth the effort? In concept, it does have merit but is a Taurus Judge a well made gun? Would it be like a gold ring in a pig's snout?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I keep waiting to hear how the 45colt shoot in it now. If the bullet won't hit where aimed your back to being better off with a 22lr

Judges are OK...I mean its a taurus and they shoot OK.....for as long as they last

Its more of a universal tool

Never had a Judge but I have had as much 'good luck' with my Taurus revolvers as with my Rugers and Smiths. They don't have the time put into their finish and don't get the sharp corners knocked off, but I find them very reliable guns that shoot every time. Taurus warrantee service beets the pants off Ruger and Smith warrantee service hands down, I picked up a junker 357 for $40 once and Taurus rebilt it 100% for free. What you get for your buck with a Taurus is hard to beat, they may not be the very best handgun in the world, but they are a good handgun and sure are a very good value.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

It is similar to the TC choke and stops the wad....plus a little finagling inside
    Like maybe a short section of counter-twist rifling?
    Now what ?

And what's the price now, after the extra work added to the price of a basic Taurus? Did it get any cheaper?
    Steve

My wife's son has a Judge, and it is a ptarmigan and grouse "gitter" at up to maybe 20' max, but then it doesn't have this extension tube thing. Accuracy with standard 45 Colt rounds is less than average, but I could easily keep all 5 shots on a 8" paper plate at 35', so maybe it is good enough for what it was intended to do. (?) Build quality is good...not "super fine", but good. Taurus bought out some of the S&W tooling years ago when they just about went under, and I do see some simularities...

Marshall/Ak

We have already pumped out 8 conversions...this is a truly useful way to make a useless gun worthwhile...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast