Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Planning moose hunt near chicken?

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    7

    Default Planning moose hunt near chicken?

    Ok I am planning my first hunt by my self up near chicken. I was looking at mile 45-49 up on the Tylor Hwy. I live in Wasilla and planning the trip up there to get away from the local hunts that never kill out down here. I have been told there is a lot of moose up there and that it is a nice trip. Any input or help to educate me on this would be great. I am enjoying every hunt and new locations. Just looking for meat for the freezer.

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    They are there. Just not concentrated. Likely to find one along the road as well as anywhere else. There are a few good spots after Chicken where you can stop and glass the willow flats. If you have a boat or raft, float the fork right after Chicken and come out at the road on the way to Eagle. Lots of moose along that stretch of creek. Good Luck
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    7

    Default thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    They are there. Just not concentrated. Likely to find one along the road as well as anywhere else. There are a few good spots after Chicken where you can stop and glass the willow flats. If you have a boat or raft, float the fork right after Chicken and come out at the road on the way to Eagle. Lots of moose along that stretch of creek. Good Luck
    thanks for the tip, will look when I get up there. I am planning to float this year looking to find something off the road a ways 5miles or so off the road. Any othere good tips for up there?

  4. #4

    Default

    good luck looking for anything if its still smokey. just got back and you couldnt see but 1/2 mi. and that was for 7 days straight

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •