Thread: Holster Selection problems

Default Holster Selection problems

I have a Les Baer COncept VIII I plan to carry , BUT holster selection is the issue ... I know i want a paddle but I feel odd puttinga $2400 pistol ina 40 dollar holster ... ANyone suggest another option ?

Theres lots of spendy paddle holsters out there.Crammer,Milt Sparks I think WillsonCombat sells some

Default holster

guess that came out wrong .. I didnt want to sound snobby but you can see my point i guess ... I mean the gun will last me forever till i die so figure the holster should be quality as well ... dont want to put bias ply tires on a ferrari ya know ...so to speak

I have Milt Sparks holsters for both my Baers and one for a Glock. Can't go wrong with a Sparks. If you order directly from Sparks, count on a wait time.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Galco is the best of the non custom manufacturers

The Galco paddle runs about 90 bucks from Midway

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I have a Les Baer COncept VIII I plan to carry , BUT holster selection is the issue ... I know i want a paddle but I feel odd puttinga $2400 pistol ina 40 dollar holster ... ANyone suggest another option ?
    With that kind of expensive hardware, why don't you spend a little more and get a custom holster?

Galco is nice stuff though, I've been carrying a SIG 210 in a Jak slide so its not too shamefull

It took almost 4 months, but when I finally received my Kramer paddle holster I was very pleased. If you have the time, check these out:

http://www.kramerleather.com/about.cfm

Both my Baers hang proudly in Milt Sparks horse hide holsters. There is some good off the shelf leather and I do like Galco. I have to ask, why do you want a paddle holster. Where is the advantage of the paddle. I assume you're meaning with the curved paddle that goes inside the pants and is cliped onto the belt, rather than having a matching belt run through a loop. What am I missing?

I had a shot of my Baer/Sparks rig but my new camera memory cards are not compatable with my old fashioned 'puter. When is technology going to level off?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

yeah thats what i meant . yaq slide just worries me . I'm not comfortable with one i dont think

been using a jak slide for years and never had a problem with it.

Default gotta second the jak

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    been using a jak slide for years and never had a problem with it.
    I love mine, it's comfortable and offers easy access to your pistol. I've used a JAK 202 for years (Sig 220) and would say that other than it takes me two hands to reholster the pistol it is near perfect. It carries concealed and works well on the trail. It is lightweight, durable and as unobtrusive as a holster can be.

Thumbs up Kramer...

I have 5 Kramer Horse Hide Holsters, yup, I like them. The first one I bought many years ago was for my 1911, I still use it. I have one Milt Sparks Holster for my Browning Hi-Power. It is my oldest "custom" holster and I still use it. I love a good quality holster.

Default Holsters

At this point, I think it comes down to your fashion sense. You've laid down some considerable green for your gun. The Galco's will do just fine to carry your piece, but is it what you want? The custom makers have some really nice looking holsters with exotic hides and they are the upper quality in the that hardware just like your gun. If you want one, order precisely what you want and I don't think you will be disappointed. All of my carry guns ride in Galcos for now, but I have been eyeing El Paso Saddlery holsters for my Kimber and will probably bite the bullet on one soon just because I really like leather.

i have for carrying my 1911 i have a kramer hosehide pistol and it works great for wear and tear of everyday carry ..
    look around on a couple diff websites for complete pistol holster packages that comes with a off-side mag pouch and a belt set up..

there i a company of texas call black hills leather and they do good work ..

here is the numbers are -toll-free number-1-877-712-9434 and local number if that does not work- 1-956-795-0224.

they have diff styles of complete belt and holster set ups and make pretty good items for they made me a custom off duty holster for a glock with a cqb stike plate with a flashligh attched to the set up unit with a thumbsnap and other units i need to meet the duty holster level..

spend the money for it well worth it in the end ..

Default Desantis Mini Slide

well i got a Desantis mini slide and after 4 days it still feels good ... Thanks for the recomendations ...

Sparks, John Ralston (5 Shot), or Thad Rybka. Del Fatti is at the top of the list as well, but is not taking orders at the moment.

If your looking at custom holsters, the "best" depends on, to a great extent, what fits you. I have had holsters at one time or another from all the biggies includding Alessi (before he became production), Sparks, Artoonian et al and quite frankly, some of the names dropped here dont make a better holster than Galco does.

I just pick up a Dave Johnston horsehide holster for my sig 210 and he is now making one for me in Ostrich.

Incidently Roman if you have a Commander size 1911, I have a super nice Galco concealable in stingray Im blowing out

Default tomorrow

well i will stop by tomorrow then and i hope you have .45 acp left in stock