Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post 666.

Default Post 666.

Yep, for some odd reason, Im at post #666, but its a lucky post, as this is what I found a couple hours ago in the low tides sands, while working on my boat, drifting glancing down at the sandy bottoms;

When I was a passing over it, I "Knew" and fast like tossed the anchor, stripped naked (I was alone in the boat), and tied a line to it. Water was about 15 feet deep, and fairly warm.
    A stedy tug brought it up to my waiting hands
    Perfect from end to end, black as the muds, and no deep cracks, only an odd groove along the top, like a Mammoth defect...~~LOL!!~~. about 8'10'' feet long and I'll weigh it soon. Sure beats anything Ive found so far this summer.

Might have to keep this one for the wall...LOL!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Wow, what a find! Good for you.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Cool!

Congratulations that is a really nice find.

Wow, really cool how its a polished black!! Great find. Whats an old bone like that valued these days?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

figures 666 found your horns
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

I know Pmac would love to have a picture of that! WOW

Not Horns, nor bone....
    This baby is 78 lbs of IVORY

near perfect tip too. Ill go back to Joes and download more pix as we get it dry. It's still wet in the picture, and black from 10,000+ years from being buried there.
    Nothing fancy, but most are broken or cracked, and I olny find a couple each summer as good as this. some years I find only chunks and peices, some years I find sets.

Summers are made for Mammoth hunting

Default Ivory

Wow, you dove for that or did you use anchor to retrieve it? Very nice find.

I usually strip naked to throw out the anchor, but since I was alone, I just dove in...~~LOL!!~~

No, I just put the anchor down and it took me two dives to get it looped and knotted. Then I dove a couple more times to see if there were other "Stuffs", and was quite suprised by the visibility, and relative warmth of the water.

Guess this Mammoth couldnt swim as well as I

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    I usually strip naked to throw out the anchor, but since I was alone, I just dove in...~~LOL!!~~

No, I just put the anchor down and it took me two dives to get it looped and knotted. Then I dove a couple more times to see if there were other "Stuffs", and was quite suprised by the visibility, and relative warmth of the water.

Guess this Mammoth couldnt swim as well as I

And all the SHE fish were singing Dr Suess.... one fish two fish... white fish.... Blue fish....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default value

I just found on the net a piece that is 73 lbs and 101" and they want $18,500 for it. Congradulations on a great find. Should pay the heating bill for the winter.

Joes, would that be a village out of Kotz?

I know a Joe out there.

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing your good fortune. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Yep, for some odd reason, Im at post #666, but its a lucky post, as this is what I found a couple hours ago in the low tides sands, while working on my boat, drifting glancing down at the sandy bottoms;

When I was a passing over it, I "Knew" and fast like tossed the anchor, stripped naked (I was alone in the boat), and tied a line to it.
    You stripped naked and then "tied a line to it" to go diving? I sure hope you mean the anchor or the ivory.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Congrats,now you can move to big city live like whiteman and buy modern gun for shoot-em game.

Default Wow!!

What a find, Stranger!
    At first I thought you were posting about breaking something...but WOW!

I have always been fond of scrimshaw, and years ago I reviewed some prices of raw materials -- that should nicely cover a 'few gallons' of fuel...
    Unless it is soo unique you can't part with it -- then the value becomes 'priceless!'

Years ago I wanted some easy phone #s . . the company said there was one they couldn't give away -- 6066.... Well, that's mine, now!

Power to the '6's!'

Congrats to you!!
    Doc

Well, Amigo, I am living like a whiteman, and a free man at that.
    I do as I please, when I feel like it and I enjoy what I do, I am often at odds with the hours.
    I truly know it makes some jelouse, but being self employed and partner'd up with my wife, it IS a good life.
    Takes work. Hunting/fishing/gathering is a high risk business, and many dont come back.
    Goood food, clean living, hard work, time well spent with the family and self reliance are the benifits.

The down side is that Im 140 miles from home,by boat, have a full freezer, a roll of hides and theres oil pouring from my air intakes on My 115 e-tec that I got back 2 weeks ago from getting a new power head on, under warrenty. My $$ is all spent on gas out the back and Im missing home.the wife flew back yesterday, so the kids will be ready for school, and Im stuck here.
    The round trip to the dealer and back is about 900$ I aint got to spare at the moment, -each way-, and Im sure I wont run it again untill next summer.
    The motor been trouble from the start and Ive paid 1/2 again just shipping it for repairs.

I'll call the wife, she has a friend thats asked about them, maby she has a motor to trade.
    It takes years sometimes to realize the prices that are on the internet.

I think I have other plans to make before moving off to any city....I would preferr to die first~~LOL!!~~.

On an up beat note, I'll keep my guns and put down my guitar, and pick up "Guitar Hero" the game, and see if I can do better....LOL!!! ~~~~

wow! thats a nice one. im going to visit hy & michelle this weekend. if your there i might have to come by and introduce myself im sure they know where to find you.

I sure hope to be home, that would be way cool to meet ya.

I might just tow the whole thing home, so if I left tomarrow.....maby....

Give my door a try, just walk in and introduce yerself.

yep, can do. be in friday morning. prob heading out hunting in the afternoon so ill swing by in between hopefully your back, ill be there till tuesday. good luck with the boat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast