Thread: Sucessful Day

Default Sucessful Day

Uncle and I both went out hunting together this morning. Two of us, two arrows launched, and two legal bulls down within 80yrds of each other. Both young fork-horns. Will post more later tonight and try to post photo's.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Default congrats

Well thats the way to start it off. Great to hear and cant wait for the pics. I bet dinner is goin to be good tonight

Thumbs up

Awesome, gotta love it when it works out like that. Congrats to both of you!

Default Show us the pictures.....

That's awesome man. I can't wait to get out there after work tonight. Post some pictures so if I don't get one, I'll have something to drool over later...lol

Default So here's the scoop.

Although we had scoped out several young legal bulls over the past week, we just couldn't locate any of them this morning. Early on, we though we had found one morning before and set up for a stalk. He was bedded down and could not get a good look at his antlers. Figured he had to be the same bull since he was only a couple hundred yards from where we had seen him the morning before. I stalked in, but found it was a different bull entirely. Perfect set up, got within less than 40 yrds and finally got a good look at his antlers--and wth, he wasn't the forky from Sunday at all. The bull was an illegal 4x3.

A little dishearted, we moved on and checked out a different area. Luckily, we ended up finding a different forky hanging out with a cow. I arrowed the nice fork-horn, and a few minutes later when we walked up to check him out, another fork-horn bull stood up out of no where. Apparently, he was bedded just 20 yrds from where my bull crumpled and held tight till we approached. He hung around just a little too long. Ol' Uncle ended up running an arrow through him. So, within a few minutes, we had two young legal meat bulls on the ground within 80 yrds of each other.

Best opening morning of hunting I have ever experienced.

My first bow kill in Alaska and first moose ever.

Pictures are poor--off my blackberry since I forgot my camera and do not have the photos off uncles camera yet.

Will
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

right on man thanks for the pics and a big congrats!!! Yumm delicious, so whens the bbq?!?!?!

Default Performance

Should report, I was nervous bow hunting moose. Grew up bow hunting whitetail and hogs, nothing the size of moose. Last few years of bowhunting I shot strictly traditional. This year, wen t back to a compound (after complete layoff for a several years). I was shooting my new Mathews Reezen, Easton Axis arrows tipped with G5 broadheads. And man did the set up do the trick. I had a nice quartering away shot right at 30 yards (thats what I eyed it at after leaving my rangefinder back at the truck anyway). Busted through the right ribs and then strait through and out the left shoulder. Complete pass through, slicing through front part of the liver and both lungs. He only went 25yrds before stopping and flopping over. Super clean, quick kill. Couldn't be more pleased with how the bow, arrow and broadhead performed.

Will

Thumbs up

Wildwill - Congrat's on that DOUBLE-DOWN!

Pictures not so bad, by-the-way!

Thanks for sharing,

Taylor

-[]------->

Default Congrats

What a great story! Gotta love it when a hunt ends up like that.
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

Default almost!

Just got back from my hunt. I stalked a nice 40 inch bull with 2 brow tines on each side...50 yards broadside...very doable shot but dang that 50inch rule. Oh well, he will be bigger next year.

Thumbs up

Great job! The freezer is now full....

Default Right On!

Yum! That's some good eats! Great hunt, good weather, good buddies, nothing better.

Great hunt and the pictures are fine.

Default Nice Will!

That's a bou and a moose for you! Awesome start.